1999 GMC Suburban K2500 DD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Oh man that is just too cool! I like how you made the 6.0 look like a vintage piece. If it wasn't for the headers I wouldn't have caught it! The factory style decals on the valve covers and air cleaner are the finishing touch! Have you ever been to the Lonestar Roundup show in Austin, Texas? It's usually in the spring but this year has been postponed until Labor Day weekend. There's two to three thousand cars and trucks that come and this truck is really in the spirit of the show. Several years ago I saw a GMC, I think it was a 49 or 50, that had a slant 6 Chrysler motor in it. I've also seen a long bed half ton like the one I have, I think they're pretty rare. The "before " picture looks like something one would expect to see in the midwest

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Oh man that is just too cool! I like how you made the 6.0 look like a vintage piece. If it wasn't for the headers I wouldn't have caught it! The factory style decals on the valve covers and air cleaner are the finishing touch! Have you ever been to the Lonestar Roundup show in Austin, Texas? It's usually in the spring but this year has been postponed until Labor Day weekend. There's two to three thousand cars and trucks that come and this truck is really in the spirit of the show. Several years ago I saw a GMC, I think it was a 49 or 50, that had a slant 6 Chrysler motor in it. I've also seen a long bed half ton like the one I have, I think they're pretty rare. The "before " picture looks like something one would expect to see in the midwest

Thanks, it was quite a project...bare frame rails to a running/driving pickup in 5mo. The engine is a favorite of mine, makes a lot of people scratch their heads..."never heard of a 364ci"...

I've never been, that's quite a jaunt south from my location, but have heard it's an awesome show.

The truck was originally from northwest Nebraska, so it's definitely a midwest rig.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Thanks, it was quite a project...bare frame rails to a running/driving pickup in 5mo. The engine is a favorite of mine, makes a lot of people scratch their heads..."never heard of a 364ci"...

I've never been, that's quite a jaunt south from my location, but have heard it's an awesome show.

The truck was originally from northwest Nebraska, so it's definitely a midwest rig.
It is an incredible show, and something every gearhead needs to see. This year it will be over Labor Day weekend. The website is www.lonestarroundup.com
There's a cruise on south Congress that is really cool both nights of the show, after the daily activities at the fairgrounds. There's also a big swap meet and great live music.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Spent a little time on the Burb today. Gave it a good hand wash, and followed up with Mothers CMX Ceramic Spray Coating...I've never tried any of these type of products before. I typically use Wizards Products, but no one here locally sells them. Time will tell how well it goes. Looks nice for now...new tires on Wednesday, expect pics.

Also have my eye on an 04-08 Ford F150 XLT console to replace the garbage torpedo that GM gave us. It's either that or going to a '94 and earlier unit.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Yes I got a spare torpedo console at the last swap meet. The guy wanted $100 for it, I talked him down some, then he found out I had Hot Wheels and so we did a trade. The swap meet was at the Houston Trader's Village, pretty appropriate I have to say. He had a few other bits but nothing I need. My console latch is cracked like they all get, but the one I got is complete and it's the right color so I don't have to paint it!

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why would anyone daily drive a Vortec 454 rig you ask...because AMERICA. :beer:

I don't have a name just yet for this one, need a little more seat time.

1999 model year with 88k miles on the clock. To my surprise most of the need-to's have been done, including new 4-hole injectors. No rust, super clean tan interior, and wicked late 90's pinstripe graphics on the side.

I'll do a few tune-up items, drop all the fluids (including the Dexcool), better exhaust, a tune, and drive the hell out of it.

It came with PY0 16" wheels that will be re-shod with LT265/75R16 Yokohama Geolandars G015 A/T's. Ordered some 2" steel spacers to get the rear tires out where they need to be. Installed Savana van HVAC knobs and a full audio setup with a double din headunit and back up camera. Put some Husky splash guards in place.

So far I'm super excited to be back in a GMT400. This is replacing my fully loaded 2017 F150 Lariat crew cab...super nice pickup, just too "new" for me...I will miss the cooled seats and heated steering wheel, however!

Pics to get us started.

You must be registered for see images attach

Nice truck!

I forget that the track width of the rear wheels on these trucks is narrower than the front wheels. Is that on all 4x4 models? Is that why they added the fender flares from the factory?

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Whats the brand on the push bar? I like it.

Definitely need some spacers in the rear and some more aggressive tire sizing.

Otherwise the overall look and color are fantastic!