1999 GMC Suburban K2500 DD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Why would anyone daily drive a Vortec 454 rig you ask...because AMERICA. :beer:

I don't have a name just yet for this one, need a little more seat time.

1999 model year with 88k miles on the clock. To my surprise most of the need-to's have been done, including new 4-hole injectors. No rust, super clean tan interior, and wicked late 90's pinstripe graphics on the side.

I'll do a few tune-up items, drop all the fluids (including the Dexcool), better exhaust, a tune, and drive the hell out of it.

It came with PY0 16" wheels that will be re-shod with LT265/75R16 Yokohama Geolandars G015 A/T's. Ordered some 2" steel spacers to get the rear tires out where they need to be. Installed Savana van HVAC knobs and a full audio setup with a double din headunit and back up camera. Put some Husky splash guards in place.

So far I'm super excited to be back in a GMT400. This is replacing my fully loaded 2017 F150 Lariat crew cab...super nice pickup, just too "new" for me...I will miss the cooled seats and heated steering wheel, however!

Pics to get us started.

You must be registered for see images attach

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Very clean, jealous!

Edit: The oil market needs some help, so drive the hell out of it! lol

Thanks, I wasn't really on the hunt, but this one had all the right boxes checked! White on red would be my preferred color combo. This one has the snow plow package and the full floater and the interior looks like it has half the mileage.

I intend to, once I have somewhere to go!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Very clean and nice truck! Looks like mine's GMC big brother LOL! I have a set of those wheels, good to know what the GM code for them is. I bought them for my old Burb that I don't have anymore, from a guy who put different rims on his 800 2500 Burb.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
You got it at the perfect time, gas couldn't be lower right now. Super clean looking burb congrats on the purchase!

Thanks. Yeah, fuel is one of those expenses I don't worry about anymore. When I was younger I'd spend $$ chasing 1 or 2mpg increase, never to see the return in the long run. Now its about comfort, and driving something I enjoy.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Very clean and nice truck! Looks like mine's GMC big brother LOL! I have a set of those wheels, good to know what the GM code for them is. I bought them for my old Burb that I don't have anymore, from a guy who put different rims on his 800 2500 Burb.

Thank you! I was going to run H2 wheels, but these were there and in really good shape. A little more sidewall will improve the ride also!

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
The truck I bought them for was a 90 R2500, 8600gvw, tbi 350,th400,4.10 rear gear. Original owner bought it from Frank Gillman Corpus Christi, probably to tow a boat. We bought it a few owners later, drove it a lot until the fuel pump quit. Only thing I didn't like about it was you couldn't do road trips and keep up with traffic with no overdrive. But we towed a bit with it, was a good truck.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Just noticed the last truck on your signature, any pictures? I love those old trucks and you don't see the Jimmy's much

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Just noticed the last truck on your signature, any pictures? I love those old trucks and you don't see the Jimmy's much

Sure...this one has been in my family since it was new. Purchased by my great grandfather, my dad even learned to drive in this old GMC. It was a 1-ton dually...now sits on an S10 chassis.

This is what I started with: