1999 GMC Suburban K2500 DD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Well, for all you out there in the interwebs...I took a gamble on some advice. Put the j-pipe after the muffler, on a solid "it will work."

Science wins!

I dug in the exhaust pipe stash, which is a giant tote full of bends and left over pieces from decades worth of projects. Currently running a Helmholtz Resonator(j-pipe) @ approximately 26.875" and the exhaust is 85% better...good enough I'm not really worried about it anymore.
So now I've got a spare muffler on the shelf. Let's be honest, I'll have it put on something else in 3-6mo. Glad I get to keep my straight through muffler @ zero loss CFM flow!

You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Nice! Only thing I can suggest is a gusset on that beast. Other than that I may have to steal that location to shut mine up.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
How’d you estimate what volume to make it? Just a guess or was there some calculating involved?

There is a formula you can use, or tons of people have posted charts on the web(rpm vs effective length). I first found it on ls1tech years ago. Just do a quick Google search and you'll have hours of reading!

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
"New" GMT800 center console arrived last night. I had planned to use an 04-08 F150 unit, but couldn't find one in the price I wanted to pay, and I didn't want one that "wedged" between the seats.

I blew it apart and started the cleaning process and did a quick color test on the rear cup holder. Color match is a go. Ordered a dual power outlet setup to go in the back of the console for the kiddos' charging needs. One USB fast charge type, and the other a plain old 12v cigarette lighter. Cut out an ABS blank to mount them in, from some 1/4" textured scrap I had on the shelf. I'll try and get some pictures of the progress as I move along.

Also in the process of rewiring a '55 Bel Air for a customer, so that has been eating up my free time.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Spent a little time on the GMT800 console last night. Everything is painted/dyed to the correct interior color. Also finished the blank and installed the power ports and pigtails for the wiring.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Spent a little time on the GMT800 console last night. Everything is painted/dyed to the correct interior color. Also finished the blank and installed the power ports and pigtails for the wiring.

Looks great! I need to do something like this for my truck. In this modern world there's never enough charging ports. Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but where did you get the power ports and do they come with the mounting frame around them? Thanks!

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Looks great! I need to do something like this for my truck. In this modern world there's never enough charging ports. Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but where did you get the power ports and do they come with the mounting frame around them? Thanks!

Thanks, I hope to have it in and mounted by the end of the weekend.

Charge ports came from Amazon, and the bezel does come with them.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
So after setting the console in, and modifying the mount bracket it came with, I wasn't happy with the fit, so I did some trimming on it and decided to make my own brackets and scrap "Plan A."

Also, once I had it in the 'burb, the color match was 1 shade too light. I ended up ordering some SEM Color Match in Medium Neutral, which should be the "Correct" color.

Paint comes in tomorrow, so I'll get it scuffed and resprayed and I'll snap some pics of it going back in. I still need to pull a fused power wire to the harness, I'll probably tie onto one that is only hot with ignition since the USB port has an LED light built in.

Also took an eraser wheel this weekend and knocked the black pinstripe off the side...just to put a red one back on. Red is more often than not the color I use, especially on white vehicles...and I'm a pinstripe guy, some hate them, but I think they dress up the body lines better.