1999 GMC Suburban K2500 DD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Ordered a new AC Delco TPS sensor today. I'd had a random code pop up twice about the TPS sensor, and 2 weekends ago I was driving to KC to get some parts for a '79 C10 and the trans started shifting wierd. It would hold the gear for long periods of time until I stabbed the throttle and then it would finally upshift. No leaks, plenty of tranny fluid, etc...pulled the TPS connector and gave it a once over and problem went away. Sensor appears to be the original, so I'll change it out and hit the connectors with some dielectric grease and call it a day. Still need to do brakes and unit bearings(originals are fine, but I'm not taking them off, just to not replace them). Also been hunting another set of PY0s...the 17s are nice, and look great in the sun, but they aren't PY0s. Trying to decide if I drop the coin on some OE Wheels fresh repops, or buy a used set and strip them down and polish them up.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I'm probably wrong, but I believe '02 was the last year for Pewter. I think they went to Silver Birch Metallic in '03.
That must be why the "pewter" on the later models looks a little different. I just figured it had more pearl in the topcoat.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I bought a new '07 that I swear was pewter, but I never did actually look at the code.
It looks more whitish, if that makes sense. Of course in the south you have sun fading issues particularly with clearcoat (both my trucks have this to some degree) and many people don't garage their trucks or SUVs. No garage or it's not big/tall enough.....