1999 GMC Suburban K2500 DD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I actually ran into a pewter '03/'04 the other day. So I was indeed wrong about when they stopped using that color.
I want to say the change is with the 900 series (07-13 models). Haven't seen any in a few days though. Been rather overcast and rainy today... everything looks Gray lol.....

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
I want to say the change is with the 900 series (07-13 models). Haven't seen any in a few days though. Been rather overcast and rainy today... everything looks Gray lol.....
I know that by '06, they had dropped Pewter for Silver Birch Metallic, as I had a buddy that had a SBM colored '06 dually. He had wanted Pewter but it was no longer offered

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving yesterday!

We had a quiet day at our house, the big celebration is tonight.

I did sneak out to the shop and swap out the TPS sensor on the Suburban. For the most part an easy job, I did have to loosen the throttle body up to R&R the unit as the intake was in the way. Hit the connectors with some dielectric grease before I put it all back together.

You must be registered for see images attach

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Well, it's been a minute.

Not much new to report in that time span. The 'burb has just been doing its job, hauling people and items comfortably. Getting closer to summer travel season, so I thought I'd get back on the Suburban and get some things done.

I've still got all new front brakes and unit bearings sitting on the shelf. Just need to get motivated to do it.

The other day while browsing on the site, I see Cunningham Machine has roof rack delete plates made out of aluminum. Seriously considering giving these a try. I have never and probably will never use the roof rack. Having a cleaner look and less wind drag is never a bad thing. While on their website and since I was going to be into the front end, I figured now might be a good time to get their tie rod adjusters and go through the ball joints, tie rods, etc on the front steering. See how this is snow balling? Might just end up doing the lower rag joint delete shaft as well :Big Laugh:

Still waivering on cab marker lights, I've thought about tow mirrors, but I'm not willing to put up with wiggling glass, and jury is still out on a cowl hood.

With all that being said...I have officially owned it for 3 years this month. Which in my last decade of vehicle ownership is pretty amazing. 14ish vehicles in the last 13 or so years I think...and that doesn't count the stuff for the wife. It's by far still my favorite vehicle I have ever owned, even over my Z28 that I've had for over 20 years.

Last edited:

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Well, it's been a minute.

Not much new to report in that time span. The 'burb has just been doing its job, hauling people and items comfortably. Getting closer to summer travel season, so I thought I'd get back on the Suburban and get some things done.

I've still got all new front brakes and unit bearings sitting on the shelf. Just need to get motivated to do it.

The other day while browsing on the site, I see Cunningham Machine has roof rack delete plates made out of aluminum. Seriously considering giving these a try. I have never and probably will never use the roof rack. Having a cleaner look and less wind drag is never a bad thing. While on their website and since I was going to be into the front end, I figured now might be a good time to get their tie rod adjusters and go through the ball joints, tie rods, etc on the front steering. See how this is snow balling? Might just end up doing the lower rag joint delete shaft as well :Big Laugh:

Still waivering on cab marker lights, I've thought about tow mirrors, but I'm not willing to put up with wiggling glass, and jury is still out on a cowl hood.

With all that being said...I have officially owned it for 3 years this month. Which in my last decade of vehicle ownership is pretty amazing. 14ish vehicles in the last 13 or so years I think...and that doesn't count the stuff for the wife. It's by far still my favorite vehicle I have ever owned, even over my Z28 that I've had for over 20 years.

Cab lights and tow mirrors = <3

You can fix the mirror glass wiggle. I did on my GMC mirrors.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
First handwash of the year. Love how the metallic changes the color with the sun!

Cab lights and tow mirrors = <3

You can fix the mirror glass wiggle. I did on my GMC mirrors.

It's that whole drilling holes in my pristine roof thing :(

I may have to get your notes on the mirrors, the stockers are okay, if I did cab lights, I'd do mirrors for sure.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Last weekend the Suburban got a full cleanup. Wash, clay bar, ceramic coat, full interior cleanout. Installed the 4x10 Kenwoods in the back roof, system is now 100% aftermarket, still sounds great to my aged and decaying ears. When you can hear them count in on Back and Black, you know its a better than average setup.

Today I knocked out the trans filter and fluid. I was going to do an aluminum pan and put my new AutoMeter Factory Match Trans Temp Gauge. Changed my mind, I can monitor trans temp with the Torque Pro app and avoid any extra holes in the interior. I don't ever pull "heavy" so I'm just not worried enough about it. So I'll probably throw the gauge up for sale at some point.

Still need to do front brakes (rotors, pads, unit bearings, new soft lines, and a bleed). But its not a "need", more of a want, so I haven't made it a priority, even though all the stuff is sitting on the shelf in the shop.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Another vacation trip in the books with this 'ol 'burb.

Never missed a lick on this trip, 13.054mpg on this trip running mid-grade octane at 78mph and the AC blasting. Thats a big win in my book.

All new front brakes and possibly steering/balljoints/etc(depending on what I find while I'm in there) is coming up soon, now that its put in its work for the summer.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Last weekend the Suburban got a full cleanup. Wash, clay bar, ceramic coat, full interior cleanout. Installed the 4x10 Kenwoods in the back roof, system is now 100% aftermarket, still sounds great to my aged and decaying ears. When you can hear them count in on Back and Black, you know its a better than average setup.

Today I knocked out the trans filter and fluid. I was going to do an aluminum pan and put my new AutoMeter Factory Match Trans Temp Gauge. Changed my mind, I can monitor trans temp with the Torque Pro app and avoid any extra holes in the interior. I don't ever pull "heavy" so I'm just not worried enough about it. So I'll probably throw the gauge up for sale at some point.

Still need to do front brakes (rotors, pads, unit bearings, new soft lines, and a bleed). But its not a "need", more of a want, so I haven't made it a priority, even though all the stuff is sitting on the shelf in the shop.

Just for your reference, there's no need for an aftermarket pan with a bung in it, for the trans temp sensor.

4L80E's have a pressure test port directly above the shift sector, remove the plug and the autometer 1/8" NPT sensor screws right in and reads accurately.