1999 GMC Suburban K2500 DD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
https://www.gmt400.com/threads/truck-of-the-month-voting-for-march-is-now-open.56973/

Voting is open for Truck of the Month, this month is long roofs, take a look and pick your favorite.

Snapped some pics the other day when the sun was setting. I love how the metallic pops in the pewter paint!

You must be registered for see images attach

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Well time for an update I guess.

Haven't done much with the 'burb other than wash it and drive it. Made the mistake of letting it get down to a quarter tank of fuel last week, that was painful at the pump :Big Laugh:

A few weeks back I flew out to CO and drove a 1st gen Tundra home. My oldest son has taken over my green Tacoma, so I needed another rig to rack up the miles on. I really didn't want to part with my Tacoma, but couldn't find anything for a reasonable amount of money to put the boy in. Those first gen Tacoma's are the perfect driver, kind of like being in a go-kart.

Stopped in Western NE in my old stomping grounds for an extended weekend, had a great time recharging the batteries and helping out around the farm. Drove it home on the plugs you see below...still pulled of 16.89mpg @ 77mph running down I80 with a crosswind.

on Flickr

After its been cleaned up, topper removed, and a pinstripe laid down. I have changed EVERY fluid in the rig, new plugs, new timing belt/water pump, etc. Its been base lined and has a new better sounding muffler...so far I'm enjoying it.

Some more pics from the visit back home...swapped the rear tires/wheels on the 7810, and did some other wrenching while I was there.