1997 Chevy C2500 Cheyenne

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know the 8-lug C2500 spindles are different, but as far as I can tell the 6-lug C2500 stuff is the same as the 1500. Everything I've read says that the 6-lug C2500 is simply a half-ton truck with a 14SF, a bit bigger spring pack, and a 6-lug rotor in front to match the rear. Frame, front suspension, all the same to a 1500. But yeah, concrete confirmation from someone would be nice. I know that the 1500 lift spindles work on my truck as most lift kits I see for it claim they fit 1500 and 6-lug 2500.

Lowered long boxes though..... Not sure. I've always kinda thought that RCLBs go up and RCSBs go down. But here we are taking about lifted 2WDs, so i dunno. :)

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks! Hopefully some of the snow clears out and we get some decent weather here soon. It's been brutal here for the past 6 weeks or more, so progress has been slow.

BlastingBat998

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I myself have a 98 K2500 suburban 454, i was just wondering if you had a link to the headlights and the grille. if you could send a link it would be greatly appreciated.

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I get all my parts from Brown's of Two Rivers in Two Rivers, WI. Local company to me and good people. Not terribly pleased with the grille, however. Not their fault, it's an imported aftermarket and it's all that's available. This part is an abberation, as I've never had issues with their parts before, and they're taking care of it. Can't complain one bit.

https://www.cooltruckparts.com

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A couple updates.

Finished the front end swap, and found that the aftermarket grille I bought for it fits terribly. Unfortunately it seems there's only one supplier of this thing no matter who you buy it from as all aftermarket brands are the same piece just rebranded. It's a pile.

1/4" to 1/2" gap around the fenders ---

You must be registered for see images

Center of the grille isn't the right size, so much so that it pulls the grille filler up almost 1/2" and causes it to sit over the bumper ---

It's all snapped in, all screws in it, and it's just terrible. This whole experience has changed my mind on what I want to do, at least with exterior looks. Going to try to find a used OEM grille and color match it to the body. Also going to color match the front and rear bumpers. Should be fun.

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Last night was a cluster.

The truck is a power-nothing Cheyenne model that initially had a cruddy bench seat in it and a vinyl floor. My father-in-law found the previously shown 40/20/40 seat setup and replaced the bench with it, but it just didn't 'feel right' in the regular cab. Too high, too close to the steering wheel even if it's shoved all the way back. I just didn't like it. Found a nice blue bench locally that I have to go pick up tonight.

In prep for that, I sold off the 40/20/40 and I'm also planning on putting carpet in it rather than the rubber floor. Decided since the seat was out that it was time to pull the current flooring out and lay some Dynamat down on the floor to help noise. When I pulled the rubber floor, I was met with this clusterf*ck.

So, curing that problem will be this weekend's venture. I've posted a help thread in the paint/body section to get advice on what to coat this with after cleaning it all up down to bare metal. Floor is still quite solid, so it doesn't look like I'll have to replace any metal, just get it down past the rust and use a good coating to protect it in the future. This truck will never see another winter so I'm not too concerned about it needing new metal. Just a grind and coat.

That's where we are for today!

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, it was tackle rust day today.

Here's the results. Came out pretty well.

Unfortunately, I did find a couple holes. Nothing huge, but they'll have to be addressed.

I'll be working on patching holes tomorrow and hopefully laying down some kind of coating. Stay tuned.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Wow, I hope mine isn't that bad now.

I'm not a big blue fan, but I love your paint.