1997 Chevrolet C3500HD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Was having problems with a PMD plug connection, truck would quit, wiggle wires and would run again. Going down the road sometimes it would lose power until you wiggled plug (this is all just to get me home, for the record. New plug is in the mail). Truck started acting bad again, it was dark and there was a car tailgating me so I was more concerned with not stalling right in front it, got going up a hill before a good spot to pull off the road and the truck barely had the power to get up it.

It all happened pretty quick, got half way up the hill and the truck wouldn't pull any more so I hit the clutch and the truck died. Pulled over, went to re-start, wouldn't turn over. At this point I'm still trying to figure out what happened. Got out, found oil everywhere and a broken oil cooler line. It very quickly dumped all it's oil and seized.

Totally my fault. I knew one of the lines was still leaking but I hadn't gotten around to fixing it yet (hindsight being perfect, I think that might have been a good thing to fix...it was seeping a bit, not gushing, but it still should've been fixed). Anyways, fortune would have it I was right past a friend's farm and he towed me to his place with his tractor.

This all happened about 4 hours ago, already think I found a replacement engine. Silver lining would be that this gives me a great opportunity to clean up the wiring harness. I hope that the weather warms up a bit, turning wrenches in -10 isn't much fun.

Sent from somewhere between here and there