1996 GMC Suburban "Kaye"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like both grilles, my first 400 was a GMC also. It's a tough choice between a Chevy grille and the GMC one with a billet insert.

I got the brakes installed, exhaust gasket put on and possibly fixed my power steering pump leak. The line on the back of the pump was finger tight, I'm hoping tightening it fixed the leak.

Old grooved brakes
You must be registered for see images attach

New brakes with painted calipers, went with black instead of hooker red this time, didn't want them to stick out.

The frame needs a little work, with a wire wheel and some paint it'll come around. I'll do that when I lower her or get tired of looking at it, whatever comes first haha.

Last edited:

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Both grilles look great on these trucks. I've personally had both, but I've always ended up going back to the Chevy grille. To me they are more iconic and classic vs. the GMC grille.
I much prefer the Chevy grille myself...I only went back GMC with mine because I didn’t want a half GMC half Chevy truck lol

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like both grilles, my first 400 was a GMC also. It's a tough choice between a Chevy grille and the GMC one with a billet insert.

I got the brakes installed, exhaust gasket put on and possibly fixed my power steering pump leak. The line on the back of the pump was finger tight, I'm hoping tightening it fixed the leak.

Old grooved brakes

New brakes with painted calipers, went with black instead of hooker red this time, didn't want them to stick out.

The frame needs a little work, with a wire wheel and some paint it'll come around. I'll do that when I lower her or get tired of looking at it, whatever comes first haha.

Looks great. Mine needs brakes too. Whenever you have extra time you can come over and swap mine. :)

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the console in, out with the old

In with the new to me (ignore my ****** sun visors)

Was pretty easy to install, didn't bother wiring up the map lights since I've never used them in my previous trucks.

Last edited:

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Got the console in, out with the old

In with the new to me (ignore my ****** sun visors)

Was pretty easy to install, didn't bother wiring up the map lights since I've never used them in my previous trucks.
My OCD wouldn’t let me get away with that lol. But on my 99 I wired them to come on with the doors open