1996 GMC Suburban "Kaye"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ended up having to cut the other catalytic off in order to gut it. I tried unbolting the pipe from the header so I would only have to make 1 cut but the nuts would not budge and I broke an extension.
You must be registered for see images attach

Waiting for a band clamp off Amazon so I can connect the catalytic back up, got the other end sealed, I need to move the clamps a little further apart.

The exhaust should be in one piece tomorrow or mostly assembled.

I didn't think of that but I don't have a welder, I need to make friends with someone who has one lol.

Check out the reboot welders on eBay. I grabbed a 175a 110/220 gas/gasless for $275. I've been welding for over 30 years now and this welder is a very good welder, I have used it on both 110 and 220, now it's permanent on cart 220, only use gas tho, flux core only if there is no other options!

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found 2 sets of wheels I like, 20" chrome Vision Legend 5's and 20" chrome Iroc replicas. Leaning more towards the Irocs but both rims are sharp.

Kaye picked up some new nicknames last weekend, The Pimp Wagon and Ghetto Sled. I like em both lol. My buddy asked my why I don't bag it, that got me thinking. I'm liking the idea, she might end up bagged at some point.

I found these while looking for rear brakes, might swap the drums for rotors. Looks to use stock front calipers which is nifty. https://www.cunninghammachine.com/product/single-caliper-disc-brake-adapter-11-drum/

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seem the Irocs are the popular choice.

I got both trucks in one side of the garage, the Stepside's hitch is touching the wall and there's not much room to walk between the 2 but they're both in so I'll take it.

Swapped the mirrors off the Stepside onto Kaye, she now has better busted mirrors. I swapped the grill over temporarily to see if I like it better, thinking about getting a junkyard Chevy grill for her now.
Whoever took the front end apart last didn't do a good job (seems to be a theme with her). No screws in the bumper filler, one of the push tabs is completely gone and 2 of the screw holes on the grill have the plastic busted out around them. Nothing major but mildly annoying.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GriffisClnCo