1996 GMC Suburban "Kaye"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my tail lights in, gotten mixed responses about them. I like the chrome and the black ones so I'm on the fence, once I get the rollpan the lights will be the only thing in the rear that pops.
You must be registered for see images attach

What do you guys think, would it look better with the black ones?

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my tail lights in, gotten mixed responses about them. I like the chrome and the black ones so I'm on the fence, once I get the rollpan the lights will be the only thing in the rear that pops.

Well up to you. But it matches either way. Chrome matches wheels and bumper. Black matches side molding and bumper trim and pillar:) both look good on your truck

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

My $.02, that style with the 3 circles stacked on each other reminds me of a traffic light. Not really my style.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Starting to piece together my drop and front end parts. Going to skip the steering components for now, messed around with them and they have life left. Going 5/7 as I said previously. For shocks I'm undecided between Bilsteins and Belltech Street performance, the Bilsteins are slightly longer in the rear but I don't think that will make a difference. I don't know how the Bilsteins ride (I imagine pretty good) but I know and like how the Belltechs ride so I'm leaning towards them.

There is some work to do before hand, have to roll the front and rear fenders, the rears will tuck without rolling but it's close so might as well do them. The rear fender wells need a little more work, the built in mudflaps will rub the tires so I have to bring them back a bit and flatten the ridge running along the wells so the tires don't rub on that either.
Decided against doing the rear disc conversion before lowering, no reason besides I want to lower it.

Still no luck on corner lights the set I ordered the other week got cancelled Saturday. Found a 4th set and hopefully this one doesn't cancel, GMC side markers are pretty elusive. Need to get a new 3rd brake light since mine is toast, after that the exterior lighting is done.

Last edited:

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The set of corner lights got canceled again, ended up buying a set of headlights for the corners.
Got most of the parts in, still waiting on the control arms, front swaybar endlinks, drop spindles and the flip kit/notch.

Stared working on the rear, messed up the fender a little bit when I was rolling it. Got overzealous, I've never done it before and **** happens so I'm not mad about it.

It's on the list of body work to do, she might end up changing colors but I haven't fully decided yet.

Thatlowchevy

How’d I get inside this tube?!?!
Reaction score
Starting to piece together my drop and front end parts. Going to skip the steering components for now, messed around with them and they have life left. Going 5/7 as I said previously. For shocks I'm undecided between Bilsteins and Belltech Street performance, the Bilsteins are slightly longer in the rear but I don't think that will make a difference. I don't know how the Bilsteins ride (I imagine pretty good) but I know and like how the Belltechs ride so I'm leaning towards them.

There is some work to do before hand, have to roll the front and rear fenders, the rears will tuck without rolling but it's close so might as well do them. The rear fender wells need a little more work, the built in mudflaps will rub the tires so I have to bring them back a bit and flatten the ridge running along the wells so the tires don't rub on that either.
Decided against doing the rear disc conversion before lowering, no reason besides I want to lower it.

Still no luck on corner lights the set I ordered the other week got cancelled Saturday. Found a 4th set and hopefully this one doesn't cancel, GMC side markers are pretty elusive. Need to get a new 3rd brake light since mine is toast, after that the exterior lighting is done.

I’m almost positive I have a new set of GMC smoked/Black corners in my shop. I don’t need them. If you want them im sure we can sort something out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The front fenders came out pretty good.

Need to pick up some black paint to cover up the primer in the wells and do something about the gold where the fender trim was.