1996 4l60e 3rd gear slipping.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highspeed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, finally have the transmission out of the truck. Looks like I have one ear broke off of the trans bell housing and one part of the block that broke off on the drivers side. SO...basically I am missing 2 mounting holes with the transmission. Thinking about drilling out the guide pin hole and tapping it for a big bolt to at least strengthen the drivers side of the bell housing.

Transmission is on the operating table and will start to get pulled apart in the morning. I wish i could post pictures straight from my phone, but can't figure it out.

highspeed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, I've been busy today.

Trans is pulled and started tearing into her today. The trans has been rebuilt, I saw tell-tale signs of this like scratches on the valve body from someone trying to remove the sensor retaining clips and the nice clean clutches on everything other than 3rd gear. 3rd gear clutch pack was all warped and some of the friction plates were worn clean. See below pix. Let me know if you see anything out of the ordinary. I will be slowly gathering parts to put this joker together. Rhino will be getting some business soon!

highspeed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

[/URL]/bb51/mandontaylor/CAM01335.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

highspeed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

And my toy(now DD) next to my z71

93TL93

Reaction score
I don't see anything but it's difficult to inspect from pictures

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

highspeed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
YEah it is. I was just checking to make sure there wasn't any GLARING issues that I am overlooking.

93TL93

Reaction score
Yeah, have you gotten them return springs out yet?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk