1995 Arctic Cat EXT 580 Build Thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might wanna make sure its been trail converted first. If it was an actual racing sled you will need uber high octane gas for it

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice to see an old cat brought back to life! I haven't seen mention of the "AGLT" setup for years, I used to be a moderator with AG way back when Arctic Chat first came online. The dial-adjust rear shock is a nice feature for fine tuning ski pressure when it is working properly.

Figures the year I sell my sleds we get dumped with more snow in decemeber then we have got in the whole winter for the past few years. Which has sky rocketed the price of used sleds

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice to see an old cat brought back to life! I haven't seen mention of the "AGLT" setup for years, I used to be a moderator with AG way back when Arctic Chat first came online. The dial-adjust rear shock is a nice feature for fine tuning ski pressure when it is working properly.

Figures the year I sell my sleds we get dumped with more snow in decemeber then we have got in the whole winter for the past few years. Which has sky rocketed the price of used sleds

Thanks! Do you visit achat at all anymore? It's a great mod!

Also i finished up my rear bumper tonight. Might be built a little overkill but eh better to be over built right?

You must be registered for see images attach

I mainly built it like that too reinforce the tunnel extension. It goes all the way to the farthest forward factory bumper hole.

Then I realized that the heat exchanger was likely to get damaged due to my snow flap hanging off of it so I added a support that is welded to the bumper at the same angle as the heat exchanger "tail" so now it's not gonna move at all!

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
Can't believe I've missed this thread. Really great so far, I'll have to keep checking in. Always cool to see someone else take pride in their older sleds, especially Cat.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put on just shy of 100 miles today!

Green one is by buddys sled. They both ran great today with 1 issue at the end. His chain broke and busted his chain case less than 1/4 mile from his house.

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
I've wanted one of those ZR's since they came out. God I miss when a sled used to look like a damn sled and not something out of a Transformers movie.