1993-Sierra-Z71's Slow Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I wouldn't spend too much money on tools from there, your just gona have to buy um again spend the money once on MAC or Snap-on and you'll never have to spend it again

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldn't spend too much money on tools from there, your just gona have to buy um again spend the money once on MAC or Snap-on and you'll never have to spend it again
I bought a universal bolt-style puller from harbor freight for $13 to take off a 98 Camaro steering wheel (for a relationship-potential female), and my buddy borrowed it to replace his steering column. Haven't had any trouble with it at all and it was worth how much I needed it for. If you'll use it less than ten times a year, buy it from Harbor. It ain't worth dishing out the cash for mechanic-grade tools that seldom get used, especially if they aren't within your budget to begin with.

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score

Only issue with any item i got from HF was their regulator and filter for air compressors. JUNK!!! i ended up making one myself.

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
Well the Shrader valve in my drivers side front tire is bent so i gotta replace that tonight after my classes are done at 7. Also, How hard is it to replace the Power Steering pump and the steering box? I'm thinking its the Pump due to it being hard to turn every once in awhile. I also have a bad Tie Rod Boot, Not sure if that is contributing to it or not. I'll make a Video tonight of the Shrader Valve Replacement and an update for ya guys.

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
Well this is s really slow build, but once spring is here that will change.

Here are some pics from this morning after our little blizzard we had last night:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

The whole side was covered, but i had to clean it off to get in and such, and the snow was covering the tires as well when i came out of work at 7 am. forgot to take a pic of the whole truck covered though :nono:

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wasn't horrible up here in the ol' 'Sau. Getting out of the driveway was a pain though. Ice underneath and a decent slope. Does not pan out in 2WD.

Lol. Everything is dormant during winter... especially truck builds. Hope to see a lot more on here once the grass comes through.

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
Wasn't horrible up here in the ol' 'Sau. Getting out of the driveway was a pain though. Ice underneath and a decent slope. Does not pan out in 2WD.

Lol. Everything is dormant during winter... especially truck builds. Hope to see a lot more on here once the grass comes through.

Yup there will be! May be buying another 400 over the summer, a new one in better shape at least.

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
So last night i was gunna take the choke collar off the TB on the truck, And the Throttle cable where the cruise is on the drivers side clears just fine. But theres a bracket on the passenger side that hits the bottom of the cleaner housing, And i dont got a Hynes Manual so i dont know what it is. It has an electrical connection and box or what not, and i was wondering if i can move it down the bracket more so i can trim the top off to clean. Cant Hurt would it?

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Well the Shrader valve in my drivers side front tire is bent so i gotta replace that tonight after my classes are done at 7. Also, How hard is it to replace the Power Steering pump and the steering box? I'm thinking its the Pump due to it being hard to turn every once in awhile. I also have a bad Tie Rod Boot, Not sure if that is contributing to it or not. I'll make a Video tonight of the Shrader Valve Replacement and an update for ya guys.

Have you checked your power steering fluid?