1993-Sierra-Z71's Slow Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
RPO Codes

AE7

SEAT FRT SPLIT, DRIVER, PASS
AJ1

WINDOW TINTED DEEP, ALL EXCEPT W/S AND DRS
AK9

RESTRAINT SYSTEM RR SEAT, SHLDR, RETR, 3 POINT, CTR LAP
AM7

SEAT RR FOLDING
AU3

LOCK CONTROL SIDE DR, ELEC
A20

WINDOW RR QTR, VENT SWING OUT
A31

WINDOW POWER OPERATED, ALL DOORS
A82

RESTRAINT HEAD
B32

COVERING FRT FLOOR MATS, AUX
B33

COVERING REAR FLOOR MATS, AUX
B85

MOLDING B/S EXTERIOR, BRIGHT
B96

MOLDING WHL OPENING
C60

HVAC SYSTEM AIR CONDITIONER FRT, MAN CONTROLS
C95

LAMP INTR, ROOF, COURTESY & DUAL READING
D45

MIRROR O/S LH & RH, WIDE LOAD, STAINLESS STEEL.
E63

BODY EQUIPMENT FLEETSIDE PICK-UP BOX
FK2

ARM LH TORS BAR SPRING ADJ (A)
FK3

ARM RH TORS BAR SPRING ADJ (B)
GQ1

AXLE STD RATIO
GU6

AXLE REAR 3.42 RATIO
JB5

BRAKE POWER, DISC/DRUM, 6,400 LBS
K34

CRUISE CONTROL AUTOMATIC, ELECTRONIC
K60

GENERATOR 100 AMP
L05

ENGINE GAS, 8 CYL, 5.7L, 1TBI, V8
M30

TRANSMISSION AUTO 4 SPD, HMD, 4L60-E, ELECTRONIC
NA1

EMISSION SYSTEM GVW LESS THAN 8,500 LB
NA5

EMISSION SYSTEM FEDERAL, TIER 0
NK3

STEERING WHEEL SPORT, SOFT RIM, SIMULATED LEATHER
NZZ

SALES PACKAGE SKID PLATE, "OFF ROAD" SPOT
N33

STEERING COLUMN TILT TYPE
OSG

PLANT CODE OSHAWA, ONT, CANADA (TRK)
PF4

WHEEL
Q4B

GVW RATING 6,200 LBS
SLM

SALES PROCESSING STOCK ORDERS
SVA

HOLDER CUP
TFE

SALES INCENTIVE COMMITMENT PLUS
TR9

LAMP GROUP
UM6

RADIO AM/FM STEREO, SEEK/SCAN, AUTO REV CASS, CLOCK, ETR
U16

TACHOMETER ENGINE
U66

SPEAKER SYSTEM 7, CUSTOM
VB3

BUMPER RR STEP, CHROME, IMPACT STRIP
VG3

BUMPER FRT IMPACT STRIP
VK3

LICENSE PLATE FRONT FRT MOUNTING PKG
VXS

VEHICLE COMPLETE
V22

GRILLE RADIATOR, CHROME
V73

VEHICLE STATEMENT USA/CANADA
YD3

AXLE (BASE EQUIP) FOR SCHEDULING GVW PLATE
YD6

SPRING RR, BASE EQUIPMENT
YE9

CONVENIENCE PKG COMFORT & DECOR LEVEL #3
ZQ2

SALES PACKAGE DRIVER CONVENIENCE
ZQ3

SALES PACKAGE DRIVER CONVENIENCE II
ZY1

COLOR COMBINATION SOLID
Z71

CHASSIS PACKAGE "OFF ROAD"
Z88

MARKET BRAND GMC
1SD

PACKAGE OPTION 04
41U

PRIMARY COLOR EXTERIOR, BLACK (02)
47D

TRIM COMBINATION CLOTH, DK RED (D) (91)
6GG

COMPONENT FRT LH COMPUTER SEL SUSP (6GG)
7GG

COMPONENT FRT RH COMPUTER SEL SUSP (7GG)

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I thought u had a dually haha since thats whats in your avatar,

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
My gas mileage is sh1tty. Seems like im getting 10 mpg. When i get home from class im going to pull the plugs from the #1 cylinder and the #8 and check them out, see how fouled they are. Gounna get a new Cap and Rotor, Plug Wires and E3 Plugs for it more than likely.

Edit: And this is on a Stock height z71 with a 350. Only things ive dont to the motor is my Custom Cold Air Intake and a K&N Drop In and a Thrush Muffler, And i got a TB Spacer lined up to buy very soon. I'm Doing the ultimate TBI and gettin Shortys and a Offroad Y-pipe and a High Flow cat this summer hopefully.

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
Going to my local Harbor Frieght on Saturday and gunna go crazy buying tools and such. I already got a good size list going including 3 (or 6) Ton Jack Stands, Breaker Bar, Some Air Driven Saws/Cut Off Wheels, Air Die Grinder, Magnetic Re-Chargeable LED Work Light, Ect. Also Going to get a pair of 6" Offroad Driving Lights at $9.99 For one. Gunna Use 'em as Fogs, Or may use em with the High Beams. If im Running them with the fogs im going to mount them next to the Front Plate Bracket, or I can mount them on top of the bumper like i see people on here do. Ideas/Comments?

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Going to my local Harbor Frieght on Saturday and gunna go crazy buying tools and such. I already got a good size list going including 3 (or 6) Ton Jack Stands, Breaker Bar, Some Air Driven Saws/Cut Off Wheels, Air Die Grinder, Magnetic Re-Chargeable LED Work Light, Ect. Also Going to get a pair of 6" Offroad Driving Lights at $9.99 For one. Gunna Use 'em as Fogs, Or may use em with the High Beams. If im Running them with the fogs im going to mount them next to the Front Plate Bracket, or I can mount them on top of the bumper like i see people on here do. Ideas/Comments?

Prime and paint those lights. Otherwise they will literally rust out within a week. Buddy of mine purchased a pair impulsively and I wired em up and bolted em on. 1: get lock nuts or lock washers. They will loosen up the day after you hook em up if you don't, even if you get a hernia tightening them on. 2: they rust so fast. Faster than Dodges, so believe you me, they rust fast.

But in their defense, for $10 a pop, they are pretty bright. The one day my buddy's were hooked up straight, he never had to use his highbeams. They put out about the same as his highbeams though. Looks BA coming down the road with only them lights on.

I like harbor freight for specialty tools but for tools that you use on anything and everything (i.e. screwdrivers, socket sets, wrenches) I prefer Craftsmen. Husky or Masterforce if I have to. Have fun on your shopping spree! Its a great feeling getting tools for your own and not having to borrow them.