1993 C1500 ECSS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
Well I made an impulse buy.
I got a new dash core from eBay. Mine has about had it and decided that as soon as I saw a cheap one in good condition I was going to buy it. I'm going to wait till spring break to taclke that project since I'll have the whole week and will have other vehicles to drive while I have mine tore apart.

You must be registered for see images attach

RQ Jay

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Interested where you found the carbon fiber overlasys for the door switch panels andf the dash cluster?
Been looking for them for a while now....
Thanks

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
Interested where you found the carbon fiber overlasys for the door switch panels andf the dash cluster?
Been looking for them for a while now....
Thanks

I ordered a roll of vinyl 1 foot tall and 20 foot long. Then I laid it down.

Vinyl wrapping isn't hard, just need some patience and a heat gun.

For the doors you can stick it and cut everything out then tuck the edges behind the panel. But with the gauges you'll take the whole bezel out and I laid it across and started cutting to get it to lay down mostly and then heated and stretched it around corners and curves.

RQ Jay

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice work, I will look into something like that myself...The Door trim is getting fadded out from rubbing/using.

RQ Jay

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can you tell me anything about your experiences with the sub box...
Im at a crossroad for selecting the box and the subs I want to use...
Thx

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
I love my sub box. I would highly recommend it. I can probably answer any questions you have.

Sounds great and fits under the seat, I have no complaints other than it's downfiring and that's not my personal preference.

The only way I would do anything different is if I built my own box.

Can you tell me anything about your experiences with the sub box...
Im at a crossroad for selecting the box and the subs I want to use...
Thx

RQ Jay

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love my sub box. I would highly recommend it. I can probably answer any questions you have.

Sounds great and fits under the seat, I have no complaints other than it's downfiring and that's not my personal preference.

The only way I would do anything different is if I built my own box.

Thats Kind of what I was wondering....
I have never heard of a downfiring sub outside of within a home stereo system, I feel like it may miffle the subs a bit...
What subs do you run? I know that the space and size of the box is limited to about a foot in cubic volume.
I have seen some alternative boxes where the subs fire upwards into the seat, as well as a box where the subs point toward the front seats.
One is relatively costly, and the other looks like it kills and foot room for someone sitting on the seat...

http://probox.com/products/car-truck-enclosures/chevrolet-gmc/extended-cab/x110l-800
https://www.ctsounds.com/products/c...GnazUUV1-WbyWHOkztXYACoSRakx_G5kaAkXdEALw_wcB

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
Thats Kind of what I was wondering....
I have never heard of a downfiring sub outside of within a home stereo system, I feel like it may miffle the subs a bit...
What subs do you run? I know that the space and size of the box is limited to about a foot in cubic volume.
I have seen some alternative boxes where the subs fire upwards into the seat, as well as a box where the subs point toward the front seats.
One is relatively costly, and the other looks like it kills and foot room for someone sitting on the seat...

http://probox.com/products/car-truck-enclosures/chevrolet-gmc/extended-cab/x110l-800
https://www.ctsounds.com/products/c...GnazUUV1-WbyWHOkztXYACoSRakx_G5kaAkXdEALw_wcB

I run American Bass XD1244 on a monoblock 1200 rms amp. They slap pretty hard and I have them on like -20dB.
If I were to change subs I would run Sundown SA-12's

Honestly different boxes are about tradeoffs.
I like front firing the best but you sacrifice mounting depth, air space, and extended cab leg room.
I would not even bother with a upward firing because most likely it would hit the seat.

The box I have IMO should have little feet to hold it up off the ground because if you don't put anything under it the subs will sit on the floor. I just put some one inch blocks of wood under it on each corner to lift it up. The subs don't touch the floor.