1993 C1500 ECSS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
So i've been a member of the site for a while and i haven't ever posted much of my truck. Most of the work I did to my truck was before i joined so there won't be as much "in progress" stuff.
However i have a few transitions over the years of what it's gone through that I will post!

This is the day I brought it home in all its glory. 88,000 miles for $1500 dollars. Nothing wrong except a few minor things and bad paint. At the young age of 15 I thought i was in heaven.

You must be registered for see images attach

Fast forward almost 2 years. I got it repainted and added a few extra goodies like new lights around and a few interior upgrades. I didn't take many pictures up until this point because it wasn't that desirable. Mainly just cleaned it up a lot. Considering i was 16-17 at the time and not a lot of money was available.

You must be registered for see images

It snowed that year in Mississippi which is a fairly rare occasion so of course i had to get a picture.

This was an interior pic after some major cleaning and modifications. When i first got the truck it basically did not have a dash. The previous owner took care of it and cleaned it, but it sat in the sun so the dash basically baked. Literally most of it was bubbled up in the middle. So i stripped it down and put a piece of flat mesh grille insert over it and bought one of those cheap dash covers. It satisfied me enough.

Eventually i was able to find some of the sport rims they used on GMC's. A new set of fake lug nuts and some vinyl stickers on the center caps and they were ready to roll. Also added a few more lighting upgrades to look like a discoball. This was also after i lowered the rear end 2 inches with some shackles to make it sit more level until i could get an actual drop. Note: Yes i know across my glass it says "Silveraydo", not it wasn't misspelled, it was from Amiri King's Silverado Parody video and it was a dare for me to put it across my windshield. Didn't stay on a long time, was very tacky.

I finally added a billet grille, which is a huge pain for these style grilles; lots of cutting involved. I also retinted the whole truck (why the windshield looks like a chalk board).

New Wheels! After i got a job i was finally able to afford the rims i really wanted. 18 Inch American Racing Torq Thrust II's.

Then Disaster Struck.... One night coming home i plastered a huge deer going roughly 55mph. Dented the hood and bumber, bent the core support, damaged radiator and condenser. Just roughed everything up really well. I was very distraught.

But, You have to rebuild! Brand new cowl induction hood, lmc bumber, valence, grille, all the lights, and more!

Of course now i had to lower it! Lowered it 2 inches all around bringing it to 2/4 status.

This is how it sits today roughly. I do small things here and there that i will continue to post and keep updated on. It's kind of slowed up a lot since i've gone off to college and don't have the freedom to it very often.

I know i missed tons of stuff because there's no way i can write every little thing i did along the way i was trying to hit the high points and stuff i had actual pictures of; any questions or comments are welcome.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
I know I haven't updated my thread in a long time and especially since my first post... :33:

I plan on updating everyone some in the next coming days and such.
I started going to a university in August so I really don't have nearly as much time to mess with my truck as I used to.
I do drive it back and forth a hour and a half mostly every weekend.

I haven't done that much in the last few months but I do plan on making this thread a little more active with my progress of what I do. I'll probably get more involved during the summer since I will be working making some $$$ and at my house :waytogo:

Cheap Heap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve always been a fan of that color and with the clean, blue interior it looks great!

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
Re-charged my A/C this past Saturday, finally blowing cool again since it's starting to turn hot here in MS.
Unfortunately I know my blower motor is on borrowed time as it's been making awful noises the last few months.

Pretty sure the plug on the back is slowly leaking as it was a little wet before I started and my Freon had to have leaked out somehow over the winter. Need to see about picking one up and if it leaks down again to replace it.

I have not shared my horrible experiences with A/C on this truck.
I think i've been through 5 compressors, 3 accumulators, and 1 condenser all within ~4 years.

***Timeline of My Past Unfortunate A/C Events For Anyone Who Wishes to Sympathize With Me***
April 2012 -- Bought the truck; No AC
June 2013 -- Replaced compressor and accumulator for the first time
May 2016 -- Replaced compressor, condenser, and accumulator as result of hitting deer in Jan 2016
July 2017 -- Replaced compressor and accumulator AGAIN as result of shredding compressor on the way to Cruisin The Coast in Oct. 2017. Went through 3 different compressors from NAPA on this one. First one was used when i paid for a new one, second had no air gap so it wouldn't cycle, last one finally worked. Couple hour job ended up taking a full week waiting on compressors. :pp:

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Wow Very nice truck and awesome write-up!

Blower motors are real easy on these trucks, right under and behind the glove box

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score

Replaced one of my gauge lights earlier. The top left one finally decided to not work more often than it does work. Just replaced the one for now since none of the others have acted up. I had just replaced the one in my ash tray. Need to see about putting a new one in my glove box. Ignore the fact that my trip meter is busted :33:

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
Soooo I haven't done anything in a while, I finally finished up the semester and started my summer job last week so I'll be getting paid soon and I can start doing random stuff as I can. I've been working pretty long hours so that means no free time either. One day I'll get on it like I planned to.

My top priorities are doing my valve cover gaskets, fixing my exhaust leaks from installing headers, and also a new windshield. Lots of other stuff I want to do but I'll save that for later ;)

But in the mean time here's a picture of the family 400's I got over the weekend

My 93
My dad's 94
And my uncle's 89 in the back
All C1500's