1993 C1500 ECSS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LD68

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. I read your whole thread, need to update my dash too.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
Alright so updates

First, I got my windshield tinted. Right now it's 18% and nothing else, I also redid my front two windows in 5%. Windshield has a good many creases in it, but for the first time doing it, it's acceptable. I 'might" redo it before I add a brow. Plan is to redo the back as well in 5%, then I will double layer everything except the windshield with 18%. I will also add a 5% brow to my windshield. Should be pretty dark when I get through. I'm just gonna do it on Sunday's as I have nothing to do.

I also cut up and crimped my wiring for the upgrade. It's pretty much ready to go just gotta do it at some point, maybe tomorrow. I'm not really concerned about it right now.

The next big thing is I'm gonna get rotors and all the hardware and do that. The other day I thought I was gonna lose something because the truck was wobbling so bad under braking.

And on a side note, my transmission is going in and out of OD. Did some researching and it might be a solenoid problem. So I'm gonna have to do some digging and see.

Pics of windshield

You must be registered for see images attach

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am pretty confident it's just a solenoid. Ironically, I have seen several 93s have that problem. It's pretty simple to take care of.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
So I'm giving an update because the truck is going to the transmission shop in the morning. About 90% of the time I don't have OD anymore and since I'm taking my truck to Cruisin' the Coast (3 hour drive) need to fix that ASAP.
Gonna see about getting the TCC solenoid replaced and hoping the shop doesn't just automatically shout rebuild. Also gonna see about why my 1st gear is almost non-existent when the truck is cold. Which is ironic because it shifted hard for like 5-6 years before a computer fixed it but after running the new computer for a few weeks the actual shifting is messed up.

But anyway I'll drop it off tomorrow and hopefully have it back by the end of the week, which I'll be gone to school for the week anyway. If the transmission place shouts rebuild then we're just gonna dive into it ourselves most likely or get another remanned trans.

I didn't post it but a while back the return spring for the column shifter broke, not all the way but chopped a piece off. I ordered a new one and got it put in. Man it feels nice to have a shifter that feels brand new. The "correct" way to install it is to pull the whole column. You can actually stick it in through the hole for the lever arm very carefully.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008Y9C58O/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This spring is a direct fit for the 88-94 dashes and supposedly you can trim it like 1/4 inch and it will fit newer dash styles.

Also I'm almost done with tinting my windows, really not as bad of a process as a lot of people make it out to be.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
Alright, some good news!
Transmission wasn't the problem it was only the brake light switch. Trans shop called Monday evening and said they felt like it was just that but they kept it until the next day and my dad went and got it and put a switch in it. Runs perfect now! I'm still not sure about the 1-2 shift because I just got it back a few hours ago so I'll be watching for that since they never actually went in the trans.

Also
I ordered: new headlights, fuel filter, spark plugs, window scraper seals, rotors + pads.
So i'm gonna be very busy the next few weekends with all of that in prep to go to the coast.

Planning on doing my headlights tomorrow, which involves removing the LED Halos from my old headlights and installing them into my new ones. Not hard just takes time. They're just cheap chinese ones but I plan on putting some UV protection film on them to keep from yellowing. The reason I'm even replacing mine are the fact that they're so yellow and brittle, one has a crack halfway across...

Also I'll do my seals and the fuel filter sometime this weekend. Rotors and pads will be next weekend because they won't be in until this next week.

Unfortunately I also have to replace the brake pads on my hardbody Toyota truck because they started grinding today when I was doing other stuff. Which I also still have to redo a ton of wiring that was eat up by squirrels among other things.

Too many projects :shrug:

Pics to come when I actually finish stuff ;)

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
Welllll I got a lot done in the last two days,
I was able to get the halos out of my old headlights and put them in my new ones. I still have to angle them but I have zip ties on them right now while they were still curing fully. I really like the design and how they throw light. I'll post some pics and a link tomorrow. My LED halo wiring at the connector is awful so I'm gonna have to take some time and redo all of that which will be a MAJOR PITA.

Today I changed spark plugs, fuel filter, put on the new window scraper seals, and cleaned my air filter. I had ordered one of the TBI air flow enhancer (salad bowls) but it doesn't seem to fit with my air cleaner.
Spark plug installation was terrible with headers, did the first 7 within an hour and the last one took way over a hour. But I think I have the process down now.

Unfortunately, I have a miss now. Hopefully it's just one of the plugs didn't get plugged in properly. Couldn't check it after I cranked it so I will do that tomorrow, may be going to get new wires if that doesn't work.

Next weekend is rotors and all involved.

I'll post pics later so stay tuned :cheers:

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
Simple fix for the miss, spark plug on pass backside was closed all the way, I dropped it once and just must not have caught it before I put it back in. I went ahead and took them all out and rechecked them after I got a better gap tool today. Runs great now! Went ahead and got plug wires as well as a "just in case." I'll put them on later when I don't have as much going on.

Here's some pics of lights and what not; excuse all the bugs and guts everywhere.

I removed all the excess silicone around the lights after I took the pics ;)

Lights - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QJ4WZPK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Beltline Weatherstripping - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D1Q69S6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Love the truck. I've been considering lowering mine a couple inches and your wheels caught my attention. They look fantastic

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
Love the truck. I've been considering lowering mine a couple inches and your wheels caught my attention. They look fantastic

Thanks man, I get a lot of compliments about it. I did a 2/4 because I didn't want to lose my drive ability but wanted to close some of the gap between the fenders and top of the tires. When i retire it as a daily i'm definitely slamming it.

Of course the first thing most people here is MS say is "WhY dIdN't YoU lIfT iT" because apparently it's a law to only lift them lol

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
Alright I never posted from the other weekend because I was pretty busy and then out of town as well.
I got my rotors replaced and everything else and wow are they amazing! My pass side was the only one that was warped and causing some terrible shaking under braking.

Sorry for dirty pics but this was right after I did them and had not washed it yet.

Also when I was just uploading those pictures I noticed I was missing a screw in my center cap... I have no idea why that's missing or where it could have went... hm..

Anyway, So far I would recommend these rotors. They're Summit's brand of Drilled and Slotted Rotors and they're about $75 a piece. I combined them with some Powerstop Ceramic Truck and Tow Pads. It's definitely a great combo and they will stop pretty fast and hard. I was also having trouble with my front's locking up in the rain and so far that has not been a problem either.
I really think I need a pass brake line too because the pass side pads drag a little, but not as bad as before I replaced the rotors. Preferably I would just do both lines and both calipers and have that out of the way.

Summit D & S rotors for 1/2 ton 2wd: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-BR-66011LC and https://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-BR-66011RC
Powerstop Ceramic T & T Pads: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009FRTNHA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1