1991 RCLB Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Found two trucks at the yard with 2wd gt4 codes. I didn't bite...yet. I am going to continue with my original plan of replacing the axle for now. Should things start getting hairy then I will look into one of those gt4 trucks.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Found two trucks at the yard with 2wd gt4 codes. I didn't bite...yet. I am going to continue with my original plan of replacing the axle for now. Should things start getting hairy then I will look into one of those gt4 trucks.

Sweet deal! I need to get to the yard tomorrow.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
I was so tempted to pull the trigger. If I can score $100 extra in the next couple week I might go back and have them pull one.

Forgot to mention thanks to JustinS for making possible to have all 4 black wheels back on, he mounted and balanced the two tires I got off CL a couple pages back in this thread.

You must be registered for see images attach

Total weight for todays trip to the scrap yard was 570 lbs. Not much I know but the most I have hauled with this truck since I purchased it. Plus I dropped off 2 scrap batteries at Advance Auto, they pay $10 each for cores even if you didn't buy from them. They do it in gift card form so I have $20 good at Advance now. Bob1500 did very well and never complained once during the trip.

Leaving to hang out at JustinS's house tonight. I'm sure there will be lots of GMT400 pics.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Hit a deer on my way home tonight. Was doing about 50mph when the piece of **** jumped across my driver side. I got the new brakes hard which I swear limited the damage from hitting her. I got down to 30mph in a hurry but not enough, contact was made. I know I had to have broke her legs in the hit. She bent and slightly cracked my grille. Seriously that was the damage. Bumper fine, fenders fine, headlights fine. Just a slight crack under the right side turn signal and the lower finisher is broken off. Otherwise old American metal wins the day.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Thanks, I am fine. Truck is fine which really makes me happy. This is my second hard deer hit in 5 years. The last hit did some serious damage to my '95 Nissan truck.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Well yeah, no one wants to see all their hard earned progress go up like that.

The one time I actually advocate LED light bar's, is for driving through fields and whatnot at night, they really light up their little deer eye's before they can carry out their twisted deer Jihad.