1990 RCSB, T56 & 14 bolt (the way GM should have built a 1/2 ton)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
You can't use OBS 4x4 hubs. They will fall apart on a 2WD because they are held together by the cv and nut. You have to use either the new style replacement hubs for the OBS or the 02-07 NBS hubs, they are designed to be used on 2WD or 4WD. I can find the TSB on the replacements later today.

daddy_dandy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have painted the 14 bolt and removed the 10 bolt, I'm going to try to have the 14 bolt installed by tonight. I'll post pics of progress later.

Question to any of the guys here already running a 14 bolt: I'm 5 lug up front, and from what I've read, the cheapest and easiest way to convert the front to 6 lug to match the 14 bolt is to buy 6 lug front rotors. Well it looks as if the rotors just have the 6 holes for the lug studs, the studs aren't pressed in. What gives here? Do I need to swap to a 6 lug front rotor AND change the spindle? Help me out here someone please....

Is this thing 2wd? If so, you need 2wd rotors. Get some for a C2500. 2wd rotors have the studs pressed in, 4wd do not because they're on the hub. Don't forget to grab a rear seal too.

daddy_dandy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I believe you need to visit Napa and get part # puj 447. That's off the top of my head so you'll need to double check. Just ggogle the part number. I'm sure you'll figure it out.