1995 GMC 1/2 ton

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon

Is there more to this story? I would have to look and see to answer the question. If you go to 6 lug on front, are you gonna mix 5 lug on the rear? Swapping rear axle too to make it 6 lug? Wanting 6 lug for a different design of wheel? Want bigger and better stopping power?

By the way, you do mean GMC and not GNC, in the thread title, right?

Randall Petty

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon

Is there more to this story? I would have to look and see to answer the question. If you go to 6 lug on front, are you gonna mix 5 lug on the rear? Swapping rear axle too to make it 6 lug? Wanting 6 lug for a different design of wheel? Want bigger and better stopping power?

By the way, you do mean GMC and not GNC, in the thread title, right?
Yes the rest of the story, I plan on coming up with a way to add 6 lug axles to the rear. I would like to step up to an 18 inch stock wheel.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Are 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton spindles the same. I've heard you can swap 1/2 ton rotors which have 5 lugs to 3/4 ton which have 6 lugs, an I wrong ?
C1500 with "HD" brakes (1991-up, and all extended cabs) have the same spindles as the C2500"LD" (6 lug 2500) and the bearings are the same, as well. The only difference is the lug pattern in the rotor.

wheel diameter will change a few things, like speedo... IDK the reason for 6 lug 4x4 on a 2x2 truck? PLENTY of guys with 2x2 running BIG H.P. 5 lug... I don't fully get (understand) the reason for need of a swap?
Tire size is what matters, not wheel size.

Richard