1990 Chevy sport build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
No.. Trying to get my sh** together wiith this house! I guess I can say it on the back burner. I did pick up a lz1 camero hood scoop, I will be modding a stock hood to have a similar cowl as the camero. Also hoping to start making the wooden bed floor soon. We'll ssee how things go though first. I'm just waiting for next weekend for my internet to come nstalled... Then ill be trying to catch up with everyones projects!!

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Well, got a few more goodies this weekend. I got to finally buy my stainless steel bed railed for the wood floor.. Also found a guy who carrys stuff to rebuild old 20's-40's truck. He had the Chevrolet steel banner insert for the old tailgates, so I got that to put on the inside of the box. Like the fire wall of the box, whatever you'd call that. Also scored some new lug nuts and plastic caps for my nubcaps. Hoing to post the pictures and hopefully progress soon too.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Awesome man! you have a sig in your sig thread :D

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Well, got a few more goodies this weekend. I got to finally buy my stainless steel bed railed for the wood floor.. Also found a guy who carrys stuff to rebuild old 20's-40's truck. He had the Chevrolet steel banner insert for the old tailgates, so I got that to put on the inside of the box. Like the fire wall of the box, whatever you'd call that. Also scored some new lug nuts and plastic caps for my nubcaps. Hoing to post the pictures and hopefully progress soon too.

He lives!

" Like the fire wall of the box, whatever you'd call that." = Bulkhead.

You posted @ 4:20 pacific time! Planned? Lol!

Reply to your post in the 2/4 drop thread...
Sorry, the '97 ain't for sale! After drivin' the ole man's (ich!) '98 Ford ECLB 4X4 3/4t 460c.i. gas pig for the last 2 weeks, I'm really appreciating that little V6/stick! What would normally cost me $25.00 in my truck, cost me $80.00 in that POS!!! No wonder it only has 112,000 kilometers. (70,000 miles) Even the ole man, with all his cash, bitches about how much that thing costs to drive!
Once the LS is in my '98, it'll get better mileage than the Ford but nowhere near what my '97 gets now. The LS mileage might have something to do with the 3.73's & my right foot! Hehe! I'll be keeping the '97 for my DD.

Last edited:

USAF Long

Reaction score
I can't wait to see this all done. I have a 2013 Ram Express that I bought when I got back from Afghanistan. (Had some French Canadian Army soldiers on my camp, played poker with a young Army Captain). I am debating about doing a carbed 383 like yours in my 91 or an LS 5.3/6.0 swap. I'd like the fuel injection and better gas mileage but I think it'd be easier to do a 383 swap w/ carb since I can keep my fuel tank and throttle linkage... maybe I'll just do an LS w/ carb swap.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Al,
I'm not quite ready to buy a truck anyway! Just want dibs on if ever you'd o sell her! Lol

Usaf,
I just ran with the 383 build because I wanted to keep the engine in its era.. Either motor would be worth every pennie though! Keep this in mind though,when your planning your build.. An LS motor can end up by saving you a lot of $$$ versus a 383.. Depending what you build that is...