1989 chevy k2500 clutch recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1989k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to change the clutch I think. I hear a squeaking noise when the truck clutch is pressed. which could be there throw out bearing or the pilot bearing. Shifts are sometimes hard. I hope I won't have to rebuild the SM465 quite yet.

McBroom

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do a full clutch pack. The pilot bearing is a solid metal bushing its main job is keeping the main shaft inline. I would do a little research and find the largest clutch n pressure plate possible especially if you do any heavy towing.
I also think that changing the gear oil in the trans is a good idea I'd use a full synthetic oil too

Next question is
How much free play is in the pedal itself?
With the clutch pedal pushed all the way in does it have a vibrating feel?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1989k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the gear oil today and a new slave master and clutch slave cylinder.
I saw a HD kit made by sachs kd190902 HD, are they good?

Last edited:

McBroom

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the gear pil today and a new slave master and clutch slave cylinder.
I saw a HD kit made by sachs kd190902 HD, are they good?
Yes those are good but JMHO I think Hayes clutches are better. More holding power and a larger diameter disc.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't need the biggest clutch out there. I ran the lighter duty clutch in a truck I built. 454, 35s and 4.10s. Clutch never slipped. Buddy ran the same clutch in a CC dually with a 502 pulling a 35+foot trailer loaded with race car parts.