1988 Scottsdale project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoytarchery

Reaction score
cousin had this truck for a year before smashing a Honda at 60mph and totaling the front end.

I knew this truck was virtually rust free, so I decided to get it off him and see if I couldn't get her back up and going.

First thing I did was buy a new front clip off a similar year, and figured why not get a 4" suspension lift kit while I was at it.

Took the engine out and seen that it had blown a head gasket after the collision, so I bought a 93 k1500 off a buddy of mine and used the engine out of it, which had been bored .020 over and balanced by jasper.

I then decided to get some minor upgrades for it:

-Edelbrock Performer 2102 cam, lifters and valve springs

-helix power tower tbi spacer

-pertronix flamethrower coil

-accel superstock spiral core 5000 spark plug wires

-Chevrolet performance HEI distributor

-new main bearings at +.020 due to the turn down jasper did to crank.

After I put that engine together and in the truck, I had troubles with the computer and sensors And ultimately replaced the MAP, TPS, O2 sensor and coolant temp sensor.

I bought 1988 corvette spark plugs, since they burn hotter than truck plugs.

I just broke down and did the ultimate mods to the throttle body.

This setup has the most immediate, perfect throttle response that I've ever felt.

The idle is mild, but you can still tell she's got a cam, and the stall is a perfect match for it.

Now I'm in the process of painting it, but I've only got it primed so far due to a lack of funds lol.

Hoytarchery

Reaction score
Pics wouldn't upload on thread, so here's the bodywork progress so far.
You must be registered for see images attach