1967 Dodge D100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Pretty cool show. Weather was a touch warm but otherwise perfect. My old beater truck got a fair amount of attention. Most people appreciated it. Had some good conversation about it.

Here's my top 5.

You must be registered for see images attach
Very nice cars, I think the flat black coupe was at Roundup. I remember it from some videos (had to watch videos to see most of the cars cause I was in the swap meet booth... except for the one video that the guy spends several minutes in the swap meet and gets 30seconds panning shot on my booth; I must've been in the bathroom line!).
Looks like a nice little show though, how many cars/trucks, did you get any awards, and most importantly...was it fun? I like what I can see of the '55 Buick next to the white Barracuda. Somebody swiped the T in Plymouth.....bet that car is a handful with a 383!

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welp, I drove out to COTA this morning. Hung out with my uncle, had some kick ass parade laps.

Got about halfway home and I get this gawdawful screetching noise ... started slowing down and getting over ... went to push in the clutch and had nothing.

Don't know if it was good luck or bad luck, but I coasted into the first gas station and this gentlemen with a tow truck happened to be there.

I think LS Fest is probably not going to happen, not in Dodgey anyway. I guess I could take my Corvette.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I've been thinking about this slave cylinder situation.

The flywheel, clutch, and slave cylinder are for an early 2000's NBS truck. I didn't measure for an air gap or anything because as far I could tell they weren't shimmed or anything from the factory, they just bolted in.

The trans is from a 96 OBS though. I wonder if I need to get an OBS throwout bearing ...

Or maybe my master is just pushing too much fluid and it will never work.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Slave cylinder has the same part number for 96 and 00 trucks. Turns out I used an 04+ slave cylinder which is different. I think I did it just because it has the hose attached.

Guess I'll try the earlier one now.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welp, I thnk figured out my problem. The hose lost integrity around the AN fitting. Fluid squirts out a pretty good pressure/velocity. It's a -4 fittting and I really think it's a -3 hose. It was a ******** to get on there, but I thought it would be ok.

Glad it was something easy. I think I need a -3 fitting and -4 to -3 reducer.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Upon even closer inspection, the problem was that I used a PTFE fitting on a non-PTFE hose. Pretty dumb on my part. At least it wasn't a brake hose.

I cancelled my trip to LS Fest. Still shaking the truck down and still finding and fixing problems. My son's HS track team is having their banquet on that night anyways and the wife was mad I wasn't going.

So ... I guess I'll be putting around to local events and fix whatever minor issues arise. It's getting that time of year where I don't really want to be in my driveway for hours on end, so any big projects are probably going to wait until the fall.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Upon even closer inspection, the problem was that I used a PTFE fitting on a non-PTFE hose. Pretty dumb on my part. At least it wasn't a brake hose.

I cancelled my trip to LS Fest. Still shaking the truck down and still finding and fixing problems. My son's HS track team is having their banquet on that night anyways and the wife was mad I wasn't going.

So ... I guess I'll be putting around to local events and fix whatever minor issues arise. It's getting that time of year where I don't really want to be in my driveway for hours on end, so any big projects are probably going to wait until the fall.
Everything in life happens for a reason so while trucks are cool, family are cooler. So enjoy that banquet with your wife and son, your truck will still be there the next day. There will always be another show but your son will all grown up soon.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything in life happens for a reason so while trucks are cool, family are cooler. So enjoy that banquet with your wife and son, your truck will still be there the next day. There will always be another show but your son will all grown up soon.

I actually wanted to go, but I had already made these plans before the date was set. On the other hand, he doesn't want to go!