1967 Dodge D100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Several years ago, in Austin at the Lone Star Roundup car show, I saw an early 50s GMC like mine, had the patina thing going, and instead of the factory 6 or a V8...it had a Slant Six. Big yellow thing, the swap was actually pretty well done. I bet people were doing double takes on it all weekend; I sure was!

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's fantastic! Nice idle.... did you check rpm? Is that idleing at spec? I was super excited when my Buick 430 settled down to it's speced idle.

None of my gauges work yet, come to think of it I'm not sure it has a tach. I had to turn the throttle screw in at first and then it gradually got better and better and I ended up backing it out until it sounded right.

It could do with a tuneup, but I've done nothing to it and idles like pretty good. I didn't even gap the points, just lined them up about where the old ones were. I thought for sure the carb would need rebuilt, but even the accelerator pump still works. I have a kit on hand so I might do that anyway.

I haven't worked on a non-EFI vehicle since high school. It's been fun.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
None of my gauges work yet, come to think of it I'm not sure it has a tach. I had to turn the throttle screw in at first and then it gradually got better and better and I ended up backing it out until it sounded right.

Now that I think about it, I don't think the Electra has a tach either. Maybe I just compared it by ear to my truck that idles about 100 rpm higher, and it just sounded right.

You showed the frame inder the box. I assume that had a wood floor originally? Any plans for that?

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that I think about it, I don't think the Electra has a tach either. Maybe I just compared it by ear to my truck that idles about 100 rpm higher, and it just sounded right.

You showed the frame inder the box. I assume that had a wood floor originally? Any plans for that?

Yep, wood bed that has all rotted away.

I definitely want a bed so I can use my truck for truck things. I priced out a bed kit, but it was pretty expensive, and I don't think a fancy bed fits in with the "theme" I've got going on. I might just get some boards and bolt them down.