1967 Dodge D100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yep, wood bed that has all rotted away.

I definitely want a bed so I can use my truck for truck things. I priced out a bed kit, but it was pretty expensive, and I don't think a fancy bed fits in with the "theme" I've got going on. I might just get some boards and bolt them down.
They probably used pine like Chevy did back in the day. If you could get oak or some other hardwood that would last a long time.

99Yak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Actual idling.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Awsome! I worked with a guy years ago who told a story about towing an old D100 like yours to the junk yard.
When he got there, it was idling. The "leaning tower of power" can only be stopped with a bullet.

The bed is in great shape. I think they sell a kit with metal retainer strips and wood. I don't know if the wood bottom was standard, but, I have an original bed , in vgc and it is wood.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In case you need some inspiration for that leaning tower 'o power.

The \6 is growing on me from a nostalgia standpoint. I know the 3 on the tree is really going to bring a smile to my face as weird as that sounds.

Phase 1 of this project is just getting a running and driving old truck. If the \6 is capable of getting me around town and to the local car/truck meets without putting any (or very little) money it, it could stay a while. If I get it out on the road and it's fogging mosquitos, I don't see me rebuilding it.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The \6 is growing on me from a nostalgia standpoint. I know the 3 on the tree is really going to bring a smile to my face as weird as that sounds.

Phase 1 of this project is just getting a running and driving old truck. If the \6 is capable of getting me around town and to the local car/truck meets without putting any (or very little) money it, it could stay a while. If I get it out on the road and it's fogging mosquitos, I don't see me rebuilding it.
I just saw that video of it running. I think it sounds good! I'm usually a "don't fix crap that ain't broken"-type of guy. If it's good just run it until you get bored of it or it goes.

Maybe just paint the engine that hot orange color and spray a bunch of Armor All in the engine bay and keep trukin'? LOL. There's so much darn room inside that engine bay! You can climb down there, mask everything and paint the engine bay with a paint sprayer they use to paint houses! :biggun:

Last edited:

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just saw that video of it running. I think it sounds good! I'm usually a "don't fix crap that ain't broken"-type of guy. If it's good just run it until you get bored of it or it goes.

Maybe just paint the engine that hot orange color and spray a bunch of Armor All in the engine bay and keep trukin'? LOL. There's so much darn room inside that engine bay! You can climb down there, mask everything and paint the engine bay they use to paint houses! :biggun:

Yep, and unlike modern stuff the frame rails don't narrow in the front. You can see ground on either side of it, LOL.

Tons of room for a turbo or two. ;)