17" Jeep Wheel Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D. Powell

Reaction score
Hey guys, I know that this has probably been talked about...I even saw a truck on here with Jeep wheels (Rubicon star type) I just have not been able to find that discussion again to see any specific info. I am trying to decide if those 17" jeep wheels will fit on our trucks with out adapters an such. I have an 89 sport side that I am going to do a 4/6 with DJM kit with upper and lower control arms...wanted to get a set of 17" wheels and have the chance to get a set of the jeep wheels for $100. Can you guys tell me if that rim will work. All I know is that they are 17" rims...don't know what the backspace or width is of those rims. Thought for sure someone might be able to point me in the right direction in these forums.

Thanks

D. Powell

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
I think you need adapters. There's a guy on here (torchred) he just put a set on his truck but used 2 inch spacers

sent from my galaxy potatoe s5

D. Powell

Reaction score
spacers to push the wheels out a bit, cause there looks to be a lot of back space on those wheels?

skyhighsami

Reaction score
Jeep are 5x4.5 bolt pattern so you would have to have an adapter or have the hubs and axles redrilled

D. Powell

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys

I really like those rims....but I don't like spacers so if I can't run them on my truck without the spacers then I will go a different directions with the wheels. It was just they are plentiful and cheap. LOL. The other direction I was looking into are rallies 15x10 for the rear with 275x60x15 (think they will fit)...maybe on 10" wheel 5" backspace? not sure on wheel width in the front though...15x7...not sure. Trying to keep this project on the less expensive side...really just a daily driver to and from work and something for my teenager to borrow. Or just go with 15x7 rallies all the way around. Never dropped a truck before so not real sure what the hell I am doing...LOL Project for me and the boy.

soco1949

Reaction score
I got 20 inch wheels off a 2014 jeep grand Cherokee and I spent $130 on adapters but I'm stock hight now and they don't poke out but just the tire rubs on frame and sway bars only on full lock

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Depending on the Jeep wheels they will be either 5x114.3 (5x4.5) or 5x127 (5x5). TJ's are 5x127 pattern iirc and you will need spacers for proper fitment. they have a lot less backspacing than our trucks. almost 0 offset.