Swap 5.7 vortec in Jeep CJ7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silver97

Reaction score
I have a complete 5.7 with ecm and engine wiring harness from a 97 truck that I want to swap into a jeep CJ 7. I do not have the interior harness. Which wires do I have to connect to get it to run? Does anyone know or can point me in the right direction to run this engine in a stand alone configuration?

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can download the manual for that truck from the file section and look at the wire diagram. I would contact lextec by email and get a pilot to 0411 swap it. 100 bucks off equipment and free software and you can tune the 0411 yourself. Maybe someone else will be of more help

silver97

Reaction score
You can download the manual for that truck from the file section and look at the wire diagram. I would contact lextec by email and get a pilot to 0411 swap it. 100 bucks off equipment and free software and you can tune the 0411 yourself. Maybe someone else will be of more help
I have a 0411 from him that I never used. I lost the paperwork/email that showed the pinout. It needs the 4l80E deleted. I;m running a TH400 in the jeep. I don't have the part of the harness that has the OBD2 port. Is there a workaround?

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Junk yard for the obd2 plug and a chunk of harness. I would email him again and explain your predicament. He might still have a copy of the email he could resend

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You can find the pin out for the C100 connector either via a search on here or by delving into the factory service manuals that are stickies. That's the big old honkin firewall connector. You also have some wires that go through on the passenger side, but those are just for the gauges.

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
why not leave it 304-360 AMC. Not enough early CJ7's left original
My 85/86 don't remember is 258 auto and air with a hard top and it all works. Great rig for putting around off road and staying cool with no bugs lol. Sucks on freeway though