Swap l31 5.7 vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Emperador

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Sergio, I am Spanish. I am doing a swap l31 5.7 vortec year 99 to a nissan patrol gr y61 and I have several questions:
Some have electrical diagrams of l31 5.7 because I have to simplify the wiring.
l31 5.7 Vortec was automatic and now I'm going to leave it manual. Do I have to touch the engine control unit?
What do you advise me?
thank you so much

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome from Alberta Canada.
That's a different project for sure. Most people nowadays swap LS motors in everything not Vortecs. But you have what you have I guess.

I am not a vortec guy, but I'm going to guess there is definitely something in the ECU that is related to automatic vs manual that will probably have to be tuned.

Good luck and we love pictures here.

I'm sure someone with more information about your situation will come along and give you a definitive answer.

Emperador

Reaction score
Welcome from Alberta Canada.
That's a different project for sure. Most people nowadays swap LS motors in everything not Vortecs. But you have what you have I guess.

I am not a vortec guy, but I'm going to guess there is definitely something in the ECU that is related to automatic vs manual that will probably have to be tuned.

Good luck and we love pictures here.

I'm sure someone with more information about your situation will come along and give you a definitive answer.
thank you very much for the answer
It is true that they all put Ls engines here in Spain, there are few in scrapyards and with high prices.
I found this motor at a good price.
The truth is that you hesitate to simplify the wiring and cut cables that I shouldn't and the automatic gearbox I don't know if it will give me problems.
Very thanks