120 MPH Cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Far as I can tell, EFILive doesn't have this.

I just found this, does it point you in the right direction with EFI Live? I see they mention JET and TC2 (TunerCat OBD2) therein.

While the entire thread is interesting, look for at least this:

"JET and TC2 have this stuff. Download the Jet DST program from teh Jet site, grab some calibrations, you can look and tune the calibrations, you just cant flash, with Jet that is."

In the same thread (above) one guy talks about using a capacitor and a resistor to fix the hummingbird problem. That's not the approach I'm referring to here in this thread. AFAIK all one needs to do is increase the frequency of the PWM signal. Doubling it works nicely, and that's what I did.

Last edited:

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive tested them in my 6.5 and they work fine.
Do they have the extra lights that the diesel trucks have? Also does the tach work properly since it gets its reading from the alternator? I'm just just asking because I don't know I'm looking to argue. I can see them working but not able to give all the info that the diesel tach does.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do they have the extra lights that the diesel trucks have? Also does the tach work properly since it gets its reading from the alternator? I'm just just asking because I don't know I'm looking to argue. I can see them working but not able to give all the info that the diesel tach does.
tach worked just fine. only thing missing was the wait to start light.

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Obviously this would mount in a 95 dash. I currently have a 5000 rpm tach. Would the tach and speedometer be compatible with a 95 since it has a vssb rather than using the computer to run it in 96 and later?

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Obviously this would mount in a 95 dash. I currently have a 5000 rpm tach. Would the tach and speedometer be compatible with a 95 since it has a vssb rather than using the computer to run it in 96 and later?

Yes, they would be. Years ago, I swapped my 1990 to a 1995 interior and used a 99 Escalade gauge cluster.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I might be interested if it's still available in a few weeks. I just bought my first truck and a couple of the needles like to dance haha
If so, just do the repair on it, with some RV, silicone differential oil. There are videos on YouTube for a how to do it. I had to do mine when I swapped my cluster to the 120 MPH Denali cluster. I think I used the 30,000 weight.
You must be registered for see images attach

True on the odometer and double true on why you should have one of these clusters.

Not common knowledge on my end, if you have any more info on that I'm all ears. My understanding is that the hummingbird needle is caused by the 98-00 trucks having the fuel level gauge run off the PCM via PWM instead of the sender in the tank returning a high/low resistance value to the gauge itself. I have EFILive and have never seen anything that would fix this. Doesn't mean it's not there.
I’m sorry I waited so long to mention it, I truly thought it was common knowledge to fix the fuel gauge buzz with an ECU configuration tweak.

I learned about it from someone else, long ago.

I just found this, does it point you in the right direction with EFI Live? I see they mention JET and TC2 (TunerCat OBD2) therein.

While the entire thread is interesting, look for at least this:

"JET and TC2 have this stuff. Download the Jet DST program from teh Jet site, grab some calibrations, you can look and tune the calibrations, you just cant flash, with Jet that is."

In the same thread (above) one guy talks about using a capacitor and a resistor to fix the hummingbird problem. That's not the approach I'm referring to here in this thread. AFAIK all one needs to do is increase the frequency of the PWM signal. Doubling it works nicely, and that's what I did.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media