100 MPH Certified and 130 MPH Certified Clusters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am creating this thread to put some information out there and for others to chime in. I have collected the two certified clusters that gm produced in the 95+ interior configuration. THESE ARE NOT FOR SALE.

I purchased the 130 MPH cluster a few months back from a Facebook member. This one came in the Z56 2wd Police Tahoe.

Today I picked a 100 MPH cluster from a 99 4wd Tahoe that was used by a fire department in Fairview NY. I also grabbed the bezel as it came equipped with the DRL off switch and the auxiliary switch.

This truck also came with a power center and cover plate. The power center consists of a tray with a relay pack for additional wiring of accessories. The plate is easily removable to access the relays and fuses. The power center on these vehicles appears to spider into the dash harness and then is run down to the bottom dash rail and then ran where needed. In oem setup, without accessories, this harness is just bundled up to the bottom rail.

I am hoping more folks chime in with additional information.

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is awesome, glad you posted it up! I always wondered where the 100MPH "Certified" clusters came from. I've heard all kinds of wild theories including military trucks. I didn't even know a 4X4 version of the police Tahoes existed until I saw this one.

Have you figured out what the RPO code is for that package? (If there is one?)

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Certified means that the speedo was tested and calibrated to be supposedly 100 percent accurate. Regular clusters for all gauges have a tolerance that they have to fall in. Certified clusters have a much smaller tolerance window of accuracy that they have to fall in. Keep in mind that in 1999/2000, computers were no where near as fast and powerful as today’s computers are (remember windows 95/98/millennium).

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me what a Certified Cluster is?

In addition to what Hobbs just explained, from what I understand it was sort of a stamp of approval for law enforcement agencies so that the cluster was an accurate instrument to pace another vehicle's speed.

EDIT - Or call out traffic/pursuit speeds over the radio, or whatever else accurate speed info would be useful for.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 1999 Z56 Tahoe and the specs for it as well as the 4WD Version . Attached is apic of the standard equipment items on the 2 and 4 wheel drive Police Package Tahoes.

thanks for the pic, good read, not sure if 3 pics of the same image were intentional or not, but do you have more that your willing to share

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am creating this thread to put some information out there and for others to chime in. I have collected the two certified clusters that gm produced in the 95+ interior configuration. THESE ARE NOT FOR SALE.

I purchased the 130 MPH cluster a few months back from a Facebook member. This one came in the Z56 2wd Police Tahoe.

Today I picked a 100 MPH cluster from a 99 4wd Tahoe that was used by a fire department in Fairview NY. I also grabbed the bezel as it came equipped with the DRL off switch and the auxiliary switch.

This truck also came with a power center and cover plate. The power center consists of a tray with a relay pack for additional wiring of accessories. The plate is easily removable to access the relays and fuses. The power center on these vehicles appears to spider into the dash harness and then is run down to the bottom dash rail and then ran where needed. In oem setup, without accessories, this harness is just bundled up to the bottom rail.

I am hoping more folks chime in with additional information.

that is awesome, great find, were you able to get more pics of the FD Tahoe?