Speedo/mph not working and transmission not shifting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lsutigers82

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’m in need of some help with an issue on this truck. 94 1500 auto 5.72wd. The Speedo stopped work and the trans won’t shift. Only the mph part of the clusters not working. I’ve changed the ignition,cluster,speed buffer,speed sensor still no go. So what am I missing
You must be registered for see images attach

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Check your fuses. I did a trans swap, and a little 10 amp fuse was keeping mine from shifting. Fuse box in the side of the dash.

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Check continuity between VSS and buffer, 15 amp fuse, ground, likely something with buffer or signal to it because both speedo and trans are not working and they are separate feeds to ECM and cluster. Scan tool would also check for inputs to ECM.

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have there good
Id list literally everything you have already done in the OP so folks dont waste time suggesting steps already taken, to no avail.

PCM itself would be next on my list of suspects if you've positively ruled everything else out (including the wiring).

Lsutigers82

Reaction score
I’m gonna pull the dash make sure I didn’t forget something or pinched a wire this started after I did the dash and put a alternator in