10" rear drop issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

214martin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OH! and on the flip kit are the bolts not the U bolts the other ones that are straight and hold the bridge looking thing, i had 2 short 2 long? which go in front which in rear?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
readjust/ relocate where and how my friend? right now its connected to the outer hanger bolt

Open tool box, find the problem. :gr_grin: First determine if in fact what I'm suggesting is the problem, then it will become clear how to solve it. When you make modifications, there are usually other modifications/adjustments necessary for everything to be happy. You know the brakes seem to be dragging, so systematically eliminate possible reasons why.

Richard

214martin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure i am pulling the cable because my parking brake used to be loose ass hell and now i can't even engage it! its so damn tight!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah that's a pretty clear indicator. :gr_grin: The amount of slack in the cable is very minimal to begin with, when it's working right, or they'd be useless - the pedal would just go to the floor and you wouldn't get any grip. When you drop that much you've changed the axle position enough that you are in effect pulling the cable in on the shoe just as if you were mashing down the pedal. Look for the adjuster and see if there's much thread left for you to let the cable out some.

Richard

214martin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so i fixed it i ended up getting the stock shackles and putting those back on and ny brake cable well that one was stupid it wasnt in some little guiding thing so it was being pulled but i just popped it back in and voila! But once again my rear brakes dont engage:(