10" rear drop issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

214martin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Heres the pumpkin it has about 2" of clearence still. And as stated on the first post i have hangers and shackles to go along with the flip kit.
theres not muc light down there but theres the hanger and heres the shackle you can kinda see it

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Sorry! Missed the part about the shackles & hangers! Ooops!
That pumpkin is awful close! Your suspension will move a lot more than what that clearance allow. First thing I'd do is relocate those brake lines. I used the top bolt of the housing cover to get them behind & down from travelling so high over the top of the housing.

This the amount of clearance that I need @ a 7" drop so that the pumpkin doesn't hit when the suspension moves. If you were to imagine that crossmember not cut, I'd still have more room than what you have now. When the truck was @ a 6" drop, & no crossmember notch, giving me another inch of clearance to the stock crossmember, the pumpkin hit so hard, so many times, that I'd actually bent the floor up. As soon as the first cut was made in the crossmember, the floor went 'boing' (like an oil drum) and assumed it's original shape.
Check to see if the tops of the shackles are hitting the box. The tops of them should be rounded due to their swing when they move.
Some of those aftermarket shackles aren't. I have 2 holes on one side & 2 decent sized dents on the other from shackles that had square ends.

Last edited:

214martin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok ill look into all that when i get home but as for my bed being shifted any clue as to why that is? it wasn't put back right when they removed it to notch my frame?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The ones I have had give you a choice between 2" or 1". There should be another hole between where it's at now & the frame mount.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You're probably pulling the parking brake cable, causing the brake drag. Readjust/relocate.

Richard

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Good call Richard!
I knew there was something I was forgetting! Brain fart!
When I dropped mine down, there was 2 of us working on the truck. Now that you mention the E-brake, I remember Mark saying that he had to do some adjustments to the cable.
IIRC he had to do some relocating.