1.6 rockers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was looking at doing this is have a tune, headers, ported and polished heads. I was wondering what all I would have to do to make it work. and how much gain could I see?

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get narrow body, 3/8 stud and they set up like any other rocker. I liked the Scorpions that I had in our old Denali. I went with them because roller rockers can be noisy and I never saw complaints about them. I was happy. Just a minor gain but I actually picked up quicker rpm and .5 mpg in town untuned.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Don't need a tune for the rockers, you need a tune because the stock one is GARBAGE. I had to drill my pushrod holes, some don't. I went with Comp Pro Magnums, the chromoly ones. Massive overkill, but I wanted stock longevity. These are also very quiet. I wouldn't bother porting the heads, I don't think there's much to be had. Stick a marine cam in there instead.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't need a tune for the rockers, you need a tune because the stock one is GARBAGE. I had to drill my pushrod holes, some don't. I went with Comp Pro Magnums, the chromoly ones. Massive overkill, but I wanted stock longevity. These are also very quiet. I wouldn't bother porting the heads, I don't think there's much to be had. Stick a marine cam in there instead.

I already did all I did was gasket match the intake ports and smoothed out the short side radius on the exhaust and gains were better than the tune, headers, and exhaust combined.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get narrow body, 3/8 stud and they set up like any other rocker. I liked the Scorpions that I had in our old Denali. I went with them because roller rockers can be noisy and I never saw complaints about them. I was happy. Just a minor gain but I actually picked up quicker rpm and .5 mpg in town untuned.

Did you have to clearance the pushrods?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I already did all I did was gasket match the intake ports and smoothed out the short side radius on the exhaust and gains were better than the tune, headers, and exhaust combined.

Pics? I'd heard that these, like Ford's GT40P didn't respond well to porting. If there's more low hanging fruit out there, I'm all ears.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
No issues with the push rod holes.

Since you were lucky I'm curious how you concluded there was no contact? I colored a pushrod with magic marker, installed the rocker, and rolled the motor over a couple of times and it scraped the marker off.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pics? I'd heard that these, like Ford's GT40P didn't respond well to porting. If there's more low hanging fruit out there, I'm all ears.

Unfortunately I don't have any but I can tell you there is alot of gain to be had but only gasket match the intake side.