1.6 rockers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
How much did you shave off the short turn radius on the exhaust? Did it help part throttle and OD holding uphill?

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since you were lucky I'm curious how you concluded there was no contact? I colored a pushrod with magic marker, installed the rocker, and rolled the motor over a couple of times and it scraped the marker off.
Installed and rotated the engine by hand and watched the gap. I had .030-.050 on each hole based upon my calibrated eyeball .

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn't get too technical. I just smoothed the hump some. air flows like water. ideally it should be like pouring water out of bucket

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I've just never looked very closely at them. Any bowl work? I have 3 on the shelf, just would need to get them magnafluxed before I did anything.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've ported before, but like I said never took a close look at a Vortec head.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I get in to this and realize that i need to drill the pushrod holes is there a way to do it without pulling the heads? if I have to pull the heads again it's a full build.