How Much Can YOU Haul IN 1/2 Ton???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevy338

Reaction score
Well I had bags in the rear of mine so no one could ever tell how much I had in it but I will tell you when it was loaded it was all ways over loaded
You must be registered for see images attach

But this is all ways my favorite pic of my Saturn just thought I would put this in here to boat weighs 1500 lbs but the good thing is there's no tongue weight. My 6 year old can pick it up to put it on the receiver

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
half cord of green fire wood

and a whole lotta hay lol old pic

Nice pics! Good to see a truck working!
Is that really half a cord though..? 4x4x8 = one cord, when ranked.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
I don't have any pics on this computer, but I used to haul at least 2 cars/trucks/vans/etc a week (for a local cheap car lot) with my '96 halfie (red one in sig), and took some pics of the better vehicles I pulled. Probably one of my best investments for that was a pair of Gabriel air shocks from AutoZone. They were $65 for the pair and could take up to 250PSI, though I never had to put more than 100 in to keep it from squatting, and I've got it dropped 5" in the rear. Heaviest vehicle was a 1990 GMC 4dr long bed dually (454/TH400). It ran perfect, I just wanted to see how Red would do with it on there haha. The longest haul with a heavy car I had was when I picked up a '69 Cutlass convertible (they're A LOT heavier than they look!) in Orrick, Missouri (small town just outside of Kansas City) and brought it back to Dallas. Going through the mountains on the Interstate in Arkansas was pretty fun, I'd get to 80 or 90 (it was 2 in the morning, very little traffic) on a downhill, that way I'd have enough momentum to still be doing at least 60 when I got to the top of the next one haha.

In some of these pics I see some tongue-loading going on. Guess what, that makes your truck squat! And loading all the way to the back will make it sway, or split the frame, depending how much its got on it. Did that with a '62 Catalina 4dr, though it wasn't really anyones fault, I had the front tires at the stops on the front and the tail still hung off enough that I had to remove the fold-up ramps! Long story short, center your load on the axles the best you can, it will prevent squat and sway, and your truck will love you for it.

Swans.2000.3500

Trainwreck
Reaction score

(65) 2x4x16's
(9) 2x6x16s
It don't seem like much but its alot of weight far back from the rear axle, but then again its a 1 ton...

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score

^when I order a large fry at mickey d's, this is more of what I had in mind

Last edited:

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score

(65) 2x4x16's
(9) 2x6x16s
It don't seem like much but its alot of weight far back from the rear axle, but then again its a 1 ton...

It seems your license plate is speaking for the truck - "FML" hahaha