How Much Can YOU Haul IN 1/2 Ton???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gunz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes im sure both scales and math mathematical calculations were right....the truck and trailer were drove aproximately 5 miles....this same car trailer that I have over loaded numerous times even has haulled 2-3 cars (crushed) at a time when scrap was at an all time high, once when my family first got the trailer we haulled a 350D dozer with a pat blade and ripper however that bent the axles a little so they were replaced... care to see a picture of the stone thaat was used for this wall? its 4 block high and runs well over 70 feet in length... I am not trying to look macho by saying "Oh im macho and haul more than any yall" because I really could care less this isnt a pissing match

Again I have to call it. A d350 weighs 9100 dry, Add that and the weight of the trailer already on the axle, and you would be overloaded on a 10k trailer.

If you are attempting to haul this heavy, GET A BIGGER TRUCK AND TRAILER.

If you wreck while being overloaded, you WILL be liable for any damages, or injuries occured. No way around that.

Glad i dont live anywhere near you.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Again I have to call it. A d350 weighs 9100 dry, Add that and the weight of the trailer already on the axle, and you would be overloaded on a 10k trailer.

If you wreck while being overloaded, you WILL be liable for any damages, or injuries occured. No way around that.

This. I've seen major accidents caused by overloaded vehicles. I will admit I have overloaded my old truck slightly past it's rated payload, but overloading a vehicle that much isn't particularly smart IMO. You can and will be caught by DOT (Dept. of Transport, not sure what version of this there is down in the states, but whatever), have your vehicle impounded, you will be fined, and will either loose points/loose your license.

A friend of mine was once hit by the tire and wheel of an overloaded semi that had an axle break going down the Trans Canada. It hit the cab of his (brand new) Ford Ranger and completely destroyed the truck, luckily it hit the passenger side of the cab and he wasn't hurt but after the front end was smashed by the tire his tie-rods broke and he ended up smashing the hell out of the guardrail, to add insult to injury for the poor old Ford.
The amount of s*** that driver, a private lumber hauler, got into was unbelievable, but completely right under the circumstances.

Not trying to get into an argument, just trying to save a lot of headache for somebody. Don't overload your truck. Everybody wants an excuse to get a bigger truck anyways ;-)

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

going down the road day to day people put my life in danger.... i did not do a hundred fricken miles an hour and i let people pass...if anything were to break doing 10mph no lives would be jeprodized and noone would be killed... i went 5 miles not across country and for further more you nor anyone on here have any right to tell me how to run MY life or tell me how irresponsible I am AND I am glad you dont live near me aswell because there are already enough @SSholes around here that think they are gods gift and above all and have every right in the universe....better yet, to put this into simpler terms without beating around the bush..... F**CK OFFF and go find something PRODUCTIVE to do with your life other than bash some kid you dont even know and act like a ****** like the rest of the god for saken world!

Last edited:

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
That's quite ignorant. 5 ton going 10MPH can easily kill multiple people. No one was telling you how to run you life, he was telling you to wise the hell up and stop being a backwoods hillbilly.

Crap like you do, is why we have so many regulations.

-HorNz hath spoken via Mobile-

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I agree,it was way overloaded and wrong but I also get a,chuckle out of him getting flamed in a thread pretty much asking to see overloaded trucks :rofl: :popcorn:

Sent from my static android

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Hitches can break, hubs can break, your brakes could give out even though you're only going 10.

And that's an ignorant statement to say it would be a fender bender. 5 ton is a lot of weight to stop, and don't forget the other person isn't only going 10 when they smash your load that swung over to the other lane when your hitch snapped off.

And please, name calling is not needed. Be rational about it, just as I am.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hitches can break, hubs can break, your brakes could give out even though you're only going 10.

And that's an ignorant statement to say it would be a fender bender. 5 ton is a lot of weight to stop, and don't forget the other person isn't only going 10 when they smash your load that swung over to the other lane when your hitch snapped off.
And please, name calling is not needed. Be rational about it, just as I am.

a smart person if the hitch were to snap would wreck the truck so it doesnt take anyone out not to mention if I am going 10mph and on the side of the road it wouldnt go into on comming traffic and there was ONE traffic light hence the fender bender...again a smart person would slow down so far before he had to stop that there would be no issue...aparently you cant use your head and use common sense?