***Your HID Questions Answered Here.***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been doing research on HID's for a good 2 weeks now and I'm still thoroughly confused. Lol. I've got a 96 that I wanna put HID's in. What's the best way for me to do it? I know I want 6000K or 8000K. I'm not looking for the cheap way out. Definitely looking for the right, long lasting way. Any help would bw greatly appreciated!!

Cheapest - Just add HIDs. But the glare is going to suck for other drivers.
Still cheap - HID projector kit http://www.amazon.com/Carpart4u-Per...&keywords=projector+chevy+c/k#customerReviews
The right way - Custom HID Projector retro as described in that thread.

The problem is, there are no options between "still cheap" and "the right way". Usually there is at least one guy on every platform who makes custom Retro Projectors for the community at a decent price. If that person exists, I have not found him.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Why do people keep saying glare. I have HIDs. In clear non diffused lenses and no glare caps. Ran this setup for over a month now. Ran it in my stock housings for a couple years. Never once was I flashed. Ive had more issues with my LED bar annoying other drivers even though I have it pointed at the ground to the extent that its virtually useless aside for the aesthetic purpose. I can barely see the hot spot over my hood. Its pointed down so far.

sent from what is likely a flagged smartphone.

Charlie

Reaction score
This has probably been said before, but i really want HIDs. it would be cool to have projector headlights as well, but i don't like the aftermarket look. Does it really matter if I don't have projectors? If I go without projectors what is the best website to but them from?

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my Retrofit projector kit from TRS and I am wanting to fit them in my oem housing, I cant get the oem housing off for the life of me. 15mins in the oven at 270 didn't even budge lense, I want to keep OEM housing for the oem look.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok I have an hid question, I am making off road lights out of h3 bulbs I think 6K style.. My question, from the bulb to the ballast, can I splice a longer wire from the ballast to the bulb so I can put my light further away from the ballast, such as ballast under the hood and light on roof or grill etc.. I think I need atleast 5 ft of cord spliced in (with a solder ofcource) my question is it safe with hid to cut then solder on a longer piece of wire?

Live action!!