Writeup: Throttle Blade Removal Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
I also did little "mod" today on my 98. I didnt remove the TB no way to loose the screws down the intake with the throttle blade fully closed

x2. I only had it out of the truck in my case as I had a spare throttle body I cleaned the heck out of, and I modified the plate while I was at it. Then I just swapped the whole works over and was done with it and stuck my old one up on "the parts shelf".

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
I did this on my Moms S10 blazer a few months ago and it boosted that 4.3's low end torque ALOT!!!

Gave mine a drive the other day- WAY more low end.

I usually set the cruise right at 55 which leaves me at around 1600 rpm. There is a big hill I go over and it never fails that it will want to downshift. On the way to work today I was waiting for it- it didn't do it.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Correct, but it doesn't hurt to shine her up. Had a lot of gunk come off mine.

And thanks for the rep Taylor! :handshake:

np man good write up
Gave mine a drive the other day- WAY more low end.

I usually set the cruise right at 55 which leaves me at around 1600 rpm. There is a big hill I go over and it never fails that it will want to downshift. On the way to work today I was waiting for it- it didn't do it.

Thats awesome can't wait to do it to mine

Last edited:

JTaylor84

Reaction score
Nice informative write up here. I just don't see how this could make a huge difference in performance. GM must have put it there for a reason right? I wonder if there might be any long term negative effects from removing it?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice informative write up here. I just don't see how this could make a huge difference in performance. GM must have put it there for a reason right? I wonder if there might be any long term negative effects from removing it?

I removed the one on my '00 S10 an put over 100k miles on it after that with no problems. I went to do it to my 98 an it was already gone. I've had no trouble with it either an I have 255k right now. I never noticed a huge power difference on the S10 though an have no comparison on this truck since it was gone when I got it.