Wiring for a 4L60e 1996 c1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daniel Brown

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I need the wiring diagram for the above transmission if possible. I have this idea ( be afraid, very afraid ). My trans only slips when it gets hot between 45-50 mph, going between 3rd and overdrive. I have done everything possible except rebuilding the trans to help it out including:
* trans flush
* going to Dex 6
* Corvette servos for all gears
* new external trans cooler

One would thing that I would get the writing on the wall but, they just don't know me.... I don't give up easily. So I have come up with an idea that if I could disengage the overdrive servo or wire it into it's own switch that I could control I may be able to get a few more miles out of it. I mean it only has 247K on it now, it's almost new right?
I may even go for the Guinness world record for highest mileage 4L60 +/- E

Any ideas would help and greetings from NC USA
Dan

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Overdrive doesn't have its own solenoid on the 4L60E. It has the two shift solenoids, A and B, located on the forward side of the valve body. Gear selection is determined by the combination of those two, either on or off, so manually switching them is not advisable. If your 3/4 clutch is on its way out, then there is very little you can do to help it, aside from driving around in manually selected second gear all the time. If your lockup clutch in the converter is slipping, which is equally common in the 4L60E on 96 and later transmissions, there are several products available to correct the root cause of the slippage, which is a worn bore on the PWM valve. You can either repair it with a kit from Sonnax, or replace it with a spool valve that turns the PWM engagement system into a straight on/off setup. The second is available in the Transgo 4L60E HD2 kit. I can only speak for the second option, but can say that it works well.