wipers driving me nuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nightmare

Reaction score
ok so as I have searched through the forum here I have found several kind of similar issues to what I am having but none that are similar at the same time. with that being said, I have a 1992 1500 Z71, I took my original wiper motor out to install in my gfs suburban so we could sell it. My truck sat for a couple months before I got a brand new motor which I installed yesterday, once all was said and done I plugged the motor in and turned the key to check out the wipers. As soon as I turned the key the washer pump turned on and the wipers only work on the high setting but they move like they are on the low setting all the while the washer pump is steady running. Now if I unplug the wiper motor the washer pump cuts off. Could this just be a bad ground from the motor? I don't think it's the board as it's a brand new motor. Thanks