Window lift plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Is the glass supposed to be glued to it or something? Because my old one rusted and fell apart... I just stuck the new one on the rollers, and dropped the window into the channel... But now it hangs up in the felt and falls off lol..

So, is it just the two rollers? Is there something in the front of the door? Or should I just glue it to the channel so that the motor pulls it down as well as lifts it up?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yup...glued into a channel that the window regulator's rollers are captive in:

You must be registered for see images attach

That's a channel from a broken window (note the pieces of glass still stuck in it) that I had sent to someone a while back, for the same reason - theirs rusted out.

Your replacement window didn't come with that piece? Or it did, and you just dropped it down on top of the rollers? The rollers go inside of it.

Richard

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
I didn't replace the window, the channel just disintegrated... I have the rollers in the track, but the window is just sitting in its track, no glue or anything... So now when I roll the window down, the glass stays put and the lift plate goes down without it lol, then it all falls haha.. I'll go glue it at lunch

bomboi

Reaction score
i just did this repair as mine were rusted off and i was doing the regulator/motor too...i used the recommended window urethane sealant. same stuff as what you use to seal up a windshield and mine is working great again

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
i just did this repair as mine were rusted off and i was doing the regulator/motor too...i used the recommended window urethane sealant. same stuff as what you use to seal up a windshield and mine is working great again

Thats what I got, hopefully it cures, it's about 28 outside here