Will these headers work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The first ones do not look like they will bolt to the factory y pipe while the second one looks like they will... all depends on how much if any exhaust work you want to do..

sent from what use to be a great country...

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have no exhaust now so it's just dependent on taking it to an exhaust shop and having them make true duals. Which is a better header? And to clarify, these will work in a 4x4?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The first ones do not look like they will bolt to the factory y pipe while the second one looks like they will... all depends on how much if any exhaust work you want to do..

X2. The first are mid-length which will require a custom setup, second are shorties which will bolt to a factory style intermediate pipe. Both should work on a 4X4, but obviously I've never seen either set in person so don't quote me on that.

As far as which is a better header... If I had a gun to my head and had to choose one, I'd go with the shorties. Simply because mid-length tend to have far less pre-fab options available for the rest of the system compared to shorties or long tubes. (And I like easy!) Honestly though I wouldn't buy either one of those if it were my truck. I have a hard time believing they're actually stainless, or even a decent product at that price. If anyone here has used them and had a different experience feel free to correct me, but I just don't trust those off-brand cheap eBay headers.

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
X2. The first are mid-length which will require a custom setup, second are shorties which will bolt to a factory style intermediate pipe. Both should work on a 4X4, but obviously I've never seen either set in person so don't quote me on that.

As far as which is a better header... If I had a gun to my head and had to choose one, I'd go with the shorties. Simply because mid-length tend to have far less pre-fab options available for the rest of the system compared to shorties or long tubes. (And I like easy!) Honestly though I wouldn't buy either one of those if it were my truck. I have a hard time believing they're actually stainless, or even a decent product at that price. If anyone here has used them and had a different experience feel free to correct me, but I just don't trust those off-brand cheap eBay headers.

This. Pay for a good brand or you will be replacing them in a few years. You definitely get what you pay for when it comes to headers. I've read all kinds of horror stories with those cheap ebay headers. Everything from the bolts snapping during install, cheap gaskets not sealing to warped flanges that never seal correctly. I would recommend, if you are on a budget to stick with places like Summit or Jegs and get their "house" brand. At least it's easier to return if you have a problem.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have painted long tube hooked competition ones now that o could sandblast and ceramic paint. Would this option be better?

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you have them already and they are in good shape, yes.. and you say you have no exhaust either.... so coat them and instal them and bring the truck to the muffler shop and have them build you an exhaust....

sent from what use to be a great country...

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
I have painted long tube hooked competition ones now that o could sandblast and ceramic paint. Would this option be better?

Sure. If you already have some, why go out and buy more. As stated, install the headers and have a muffler shop build you the rest.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am in the process of making the engine bay pretty. I had them coated before with just high temp paint and the ****** that started painting my truck left the hood off so all my chrome is ty now as well as everything looking weathered. So I am in the process of going to aluminum. My theory was if im going to take the current headers which are new they have no miles on them literally, I need good header gaskets. Being it is only paint, they will need to be redone as where if I bought stainless like those I could justify spending like 200 dollars and getting new gaskets and not having to really worry about rust. Im not going to drive in the winter or anything but the chrome would look pretty hah