Why can’t I find tahoe side quarter glass info?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mange16v

Reaction score
So I have been looking for answers for replacing the seal on my 99 Tahoe’s side quarter window. With no luck. From what it seems the side window outer seal is part of the window. Does that mean it comes out and can be reused? I potentially have some rust I want to fix but it’s in an odd spot coming from the top of the window. I don’t want to rip things out and have nothing there if I can’t get parts though...

View media item 32111

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You're correct, the seal is part of the window. Whether or not it's reusable will depend on how carefully it's removed and if it falls apart or not. I do believe replacement glass is still available though.

Mange16v

Reaction score
What do you think about that rust popping through, seal or window frame? I’m not going to pull it this time of the year.. 10 below where I am and a foot of snow the other day

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would guess the window frame but to be honest I can't really see what you're referring to in that picture. Do you mean the spot where the seal looks lifted up a little directly under the cross bar on the roof rack?

Mange16v

Reaction score
Yes you can see on the glass where the rust is leaking. Seems like it’s separating the seal from the window, but im not sure if there is a metal track within the seal. Same thing happens on my audi door blades. Salt gets in the metal insert and makes it swell splitting the rubber. I'm just being hopeful I don't have to cut out and reweld new metal. It is a clean Arizona truck otherwise.

You must be registered for see images attach