Why are my Lo Beams burning out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flextx500

Reaction score
I run the ZXE Goldstars in my 2012 GMC and every 10 months almost to the day, both of them will burn out within a week of each other. Sylvania says it is because they consider it a high performance bulb and that is what is expected. Luckily most of their higher priced bulbs do come with a 1 time replacement within the first year. I've used that many times already. Basically every other time I have to pay for them. I've tried LED's and took them out before I got a ticket, they were ridiculously blinding to oncoming drivers. I might have to check out the Phillips.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If only we had a functional NHTSA/DOT to make stupid stuff illegal, instead of seeing thousands of complaints on their web site, and doing NOTHING.
There used to be a standard as to how bright headlamps could be, but the manufacturers got it tossed out in the '90s.

off subject but I read where almost a third of a new Caddillac's weight is in wiring and computers. Gee!
What does it say that a modern factory ECM is about half a cubic foot with at least fifty wires, and the Holley Sniper on my truck is hidden on the side of the throttle body and only has a dozen wires? Or that you can run an engine off an Arduino? As I understand it, the engineers building ECMs are using outdated chips. It also sounds like multiplexing has been done in a half-measure.