Which Optima battery?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
not saying ur lying but i find that hard to believe, who accidentally leaves there lights on for 8-12 hrs multiple times and even forgets the radio is on.......all those cars would have chimes to tell u the lights are on just strange

I'm not surprised you don't believe me, but do you think I really care? Harley truck, I always ran on automatic lights, which go out on their own and for whatever reason ran them on the on position to work.. 5.0 was the second night, I ever owned it. Was being "cool" cruising town, showing out with park lights on. I didn't realize they didn't turn out on their own like the headlights do. Lightning, left the headlights on and key on yapping in the parking lot while showing off my new built motor and 3.4 whipple blower before working a 12 shift at work, that was the only time I drove it to work with the new setup. I always kept the key in the truck and just carried the fob.. Anyhow...Kids these days

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not surprised you don't believe me, but do you think I really care? Harley truck, I always ran on automatic lights, which go out on their own and for whatever reason ran them on the on position to work.. 5.0 was the second night, I ever owned it. Was being "cool" cruising town, showing out with park lights on. I didn't realize they didn't turn out on their own like the headlights do. Lightning, left the headlights on and key on yapping in the parking lot while showing off my new built motor and 3.4 whipple blower before working a 12 shift at work, that was the only time I drove it to work with the new setup. I always kept the key in the truck and just carried the fob.. Anyhow...Kids these days

ok like i previously said im not trying to start anything

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
i run 3 optima red tops, at the same time..... for the last 8 years...with no problems

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i though red tops were the best a couple years ago....now...deff not, my battery wont last worth a crap anymore, barely cranks the truck over if it sits for a few days, even if it runs every now and then it cranks slow

i would go with interstate if you can get one

MDOC111

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies! But one with top and side mount post will work and not rub the hood correct?

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Here's a pretty good read guys, old but good. The Lightning community informed me about the new, poor quality of Optimas several years ago because I was a believer just like some of you.

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f102/optima-batteries-made-mexico-215667/

And if memory serves me right, I remember reading on SVTPerformance.com about Optima selling out again from Mexico to a China based company.

^ And yes the dual post "should" be ok. I run top post in my K1500 with no problems at all.

Last edited:

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Shouldn't rub. I have an Interstate. Good batteries. Interstate makes John Deere's "strongbox" batteries, and I know for a fact those are fantastic.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Optima moved production out of the USA an into Mexico a few years ago. They went down hill after that....

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wont rub dude you will be fine

mine doesnt rub at all not even close
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: