Which body drop method?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Yes very worth it, my static sits very low as it is.. and the frame is around 2" from ground in front, and since the beds off about 6" in the rear.. i know if i dont body drop it the 2-3" gap the body will have layen frame will bug the living snit outta me lol... Im thinking of usen 3x3 1/4 wall if i stock floor it.. for some odd reason the square box tubing is cheaper than the rectangle here.. Plus im hopen itll blend in better up front since the frame is wider there, and i can section it in at the rear to tie it together..

ilikethewoods

Reaction score
I'm going build the frame back from fire wall then just relocate (build new ones) cab mounts. The way my truck lays out on 24's the frame is great now, but when I do my body drop I would like the rockers NOT to get beat up from dumping it all the time. So I'm going to buy a certain size bump stop and place that under my c-notch. That way the rear-end stops the rear. Then try and figure out something for the front. HOpefully my theory will work.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Just curious, but for this don't you have to do some cutting on the bottom rear of the cab, in order for it to get down over the frame? Haven't read anyone mentioning that yet.

SunSetPrez

Reaction score
Stock floor all the way. I dont think a week is a good time frame. Seems a little too rushed to me. I can do it in a week if I haul ass but I have done a few fullsize gms

Reaction score
I may stock floor, as for the rear of the cab, I believe (if not mistaken) the new frame will run into the area behind the cab, when you tie the frame into it via some plating youll have clearance for the cab. My fear now of a stock floor is my driveshaft will be into my cab. Its already a good half inch into it now.. I cut the pinch and hammered the cab to clear as is now. I would really like to know if im going to have to raise the tranny hump. If I have to, I think id rather do a traditional.. I wanna keep my bench seat cause I have kids. The bench is awfully close to the tranny hump already.

Reaction score
Also, just the cab in a weeks time is what I was wondering.. I have to drive it atleast once a week to work, my fiances scheadual is usually pretty close to mine so I ride with her.. I dont care if its bedless or even if the core supports held up with pipes just to drive it..lol its already fugly :p

1BAD90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
lets see some pix of a stock floor body drop..

Do what this guy is going to do. Stock floor it with the new rails slid on the bottom and cut the top off. Then move your body mounts and tranny tunnel. You skip the z and redoing the rear set up.