Where to buy paintable grille??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Not sure what you're asking. Do you just want a grille that you can paint without using the one you have?

asolek88

Reaction score
I have a few broken clips on my grille. I need to buy a new a one that I can have color matched. I waist sure if the chrome ones can be painted or if there are grilles that come bare or primed.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
You can get paintable ones on ebay and from LMC, but usually they dont fit as well as the stock grille and the bowtie section is flat instead of recessed. You can get OEM ones from LMC, but they're like $400

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
They are next to impossible to find! i had to peel the chrome off an older grille... i dont recomande it.... unless the chrome is really peeling, i think i got like 4-5 hours of prep into the grille... im almost ready for primer. I guess its not to bad for 100$ with running and signal lights.

asolek88

Reaction score
If you get a grille from lmc do you have to cut out all the stock grille section to put the billet section in?

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Along these same lines, did anyone ever pick up a grille from rockauto? The aftermarket ones are under $50. I know the fitment wont be perfect but do I take the chance?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
If you get a grille from lmc do you have to cut out all the stock grille section to put the billet section in?

It depends what typs of billet grille you buy. You can buy one that just bolts over the existing grille shell, or you can but an insert that you put in place of the stock grille after cutting it out